A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front clear bra

Old 07-06-2016, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by walko789
thanks I sent them off an email and will follow up with a call

RW
Keep us posted,
Old 07-06-2016, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got clear bra on all my cars. I have a local shop that does all the high end dealers install for me. Runs anywhere from $600 to $1,200 installed depending on film used.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walko789
thanks I sent them off an email and will follow up with a call

RW
I just sent you an email back from your original email, but it was something along the tune of this:

First off let me apologize for the lack of support that came from your installer/dealer.

Im sure we can get this issue addressed for you, please reach out to my area sales manager Tom Adams at t*****@xpel.com

He actually lives in Colorado, but he knows many of the dealers locally.

Please let us know if you do not hear from him in the next few days...
Old 07-07-2016, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
I just sent you an email back from your original email, but it was something along the tune of this:

First off let me apologize for the lack of support that came from your installer/dealer.

Im sure we can get this issue addressed for you, please reach out to my area sales manager Tom Adams at t*****@xpel.com

He actually lives in Colorado, but he knows many of the dealers locally.

Please let us know if you do not hear from him in the next few days...
Love to see vendors participate in these discussions!
Old 07-07-2016, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Especially when you're about to pull the trigger....I only have one installer where I live and I'm not so sure if he is really specialized on A8's..... So what would Xpel do if we wouldn't be happy about ?
Old 07-07-2016, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thank you for the quick response- I appreciate your participation on the forums and look forward to talking with Tom.- RW
Old 07-07-2016, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tx170754
Especially when you're about to pull the trigger....I only have one installer where I live and I'm not so sure if he is really specialized on A8's..... So what would Xpel do if we wouldn't be happy about ?
As long as that installer is skilled with Xpel, they can do any car regardless of type or shape. My installer always has many different high end cars of all brands and models in his lot waiting for Xpel Ultimate installs.

The Ultimate has a 10 year warranty on the film and labor.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

That's exactly my problem, my installer "does not have have many different high end cars of all brands and models in his lot waiting for Xpel Ultimate installs"....the warranty looks nice but, as always, once you have a claim everything is different, I'm still waiting for a response from your Xpel advertiser as what to do if we wouldn't be satisfied.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's exactly my problem, my installer "does not have have many different high end cars of all brands and models in his lot waiting for Xpel Ultimate installs"....the warranty looks nice but, as always, once you have a claim everything is different, I'm still waiting for a response from your Xpel advertiser as what to do if we wouldn't be satisfied.
You do what I sugested in my earlier post to Walko and do what he did - you call Xpel and they will make it right. They stand behind their product and the install.

I'll say it again, if your installer has experience with the product, he should be able to do any car. The process is the same, only the piece shapes will vary.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry didn't know there was a question associated with your post....

Just because one of our installers may not work on higher end vehicles, it all comes down to the installation technique: Complex curves, stretch, install, etc.

I'd ask to see some of his installations, but if the film fails (yellowing, cracking, peeling, staining, delaminating) its covered for 10-years including labor. Now to be clear, it doesn't cover installer error or bad installation by one of our independent installers. Where do you live?

Originally Posted by snagitseven
You do what I sugested in my earlier post to Walko and do what he did - you call Xpel and they will make it right.

I'll say it again, if your installer has experience with the product, he should be able to do any car. The process is the same, only the piece shapes will vary.
Edit: But like snagitseven said we are here to make sure our customers are taken care of

Last edited by XPEL; 07-08-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front clear bra