A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my 2013 A8 today! observations...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by frybear
just tried the adaptive cruise - oh my lord, it's awesome!!!!! car stops for you and then resumes speed even after a dead stop! if only it would steer...
You were tense and hovered the brake the first time it came to a stop, didn't you?
Old 10-28-2015, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

oh my lord was I! and my kids were with me waiting to see how hard I was going to hit the guy in front of me!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

And Jack, thanks for the VAG codes, I'm going to take my car to my mechanic and have them done. He doesn't charge me cuz he thinks it's fun!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

someone please tell me there's a cheap place other than China to get the W12 rear diffuser and tail pipes! I really want to do this mod.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Your heated wheel only works when the temperature is below a certain level, sorry can't remember exactly what that is but around 55-60 degrees. Turned off the stupid start/stop "feature" right away and never had car die when I opened the door. Only way you will leave car running and run an errand is to ignore all the warning bells, buzzers, etc. or leave your key in the car. Spare fuses in marked slots in fuse box. Not sure what might have been wrong with the 4.0 you drove to compare to the V-6 but no comparison. The 6 is adequate but the 8 is AWESOME! However, enjoy. You bought one helluva car!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

oh my lord was I! and my kids were with me waiting to see how hard I was going to hit the guy in front of me!
Everyone does until they get used to it. Suspicion of new technology is healthy.

And Jack, thanks for the VAG codes, I'm going to take my car to my mechanic and have them done. He doesn't charge me cuz he thinks it's fun!
No worries. It may be helpful to make a note of everything you've had him do for future reference. It's all really quite easy once you've figured out how it works. Make sure he doesn't play around in the green menu too much, straying from advised mods can have unintended consequences there.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Gotcha! As for the V8, I could tell a difference but coming from a V8 twin turbo, it wasn't the same difference between the Audi V8 and the V6. Yes, the V8 did feel like it pulled more but not enough of a difference for me. but I do miss the growl of the V8!

Now, if only I could figure out how to turn on the damn fog lights! The little buttons next to the headlight selector only turn on the rear fogs and the front lights right next to the LEDs. Weird
Old 10-28-2015, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

just found someone who explained that what I thought were fog lights are actually the sensors for the adaptive cruise. explains a lot!
Old 10-28-2015, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am obsessed with this stupid car!!!!!!!!! I LOVED my BMW and thought I would be so upset with "downgrading" to an Audi. WRONG. The car drives a lot tighter than my 2012 A6 which I personally thought was boring as hell to drive. Loved the tech, hated the quality of the drive. Not so with the Audi. Damn I can't say enough about this stupid car!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2015, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I remember that one. I didn't mention then that there is a third sensor for the cruise control on the windshield behind the rear view mirror. Between all of those, it does a good job, although occasionally I've had a car in front of me move into the exit lane and have my car start to slow down with them for a moment even if it's clear in my lane. I chalk it up to the Audi not being sure if I was going to follow the turning car or not.

If you go into the mmi settings, you can select from 3 settings that affect how your cruise control behaves. You can do the same for the pre-sense as well. Go through the mmi menus, there's a lot of settings you can adjust squirreled away in there.

Quick Reply: Got my 2013 A8 today! observations...