A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest quirk and good list

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Latest quirk and good list

After several months of ownership now, I have the latest batch of weirdness that goes on with the car. Here are mine, what are yours?

Weird things:
  1. The MMI screen on occasion will delay its rise by 5 to 10 seconds. There is nothing I can tell that causes the delay. It is very random, happens at times, but then will not happen for 2 weeks.
  2. The seats seem to randomly increase bolster pressure.
  3. The seats sometimes feel likes they rock like it is loose.
  4. The front seat does not move back on entry/exit. To miss the bolster takes some effort. I think it will end up with premature wear.
  5. Random suspension squeaks - I think the front bushings are going.
  6. Really no oil dipstick? I do not trust the computer and I hate not being able to watch the color of the oil.
  7. Seeing around the rear head rests is impossible. It would be nice to have auto folding or snap down rear head rests like in lesser cars, i.e. my old Volvo.
  8. Some road surfaces really resonate in the car.

A few nice things,
  1. The AC is colder in this car than any car I have owned and will cool the car faster even in high heat loads inside and outside the car. I think you could hang meat in the car without worry.
  2. The cool seats are nice to keep from sweating.
  3. The MMI Bluetooth works without issue to my Samsung Note 5, and prior Galaxy S5.
  4. Ergonomics of most controls is fantastic.
  5. Picked up a Intro-Tech Ultimate A8 fitted sunshade. It makes a huge difference in car temperature and being able to touch the steering wheel on hot sunny days.
  6. The car rides over large bumps and intersection humps with very little movement in the cabin and no crash noises. My Mini on the same roads would nearly jump the intersection if you went the speed limit through it.
  7. The car drives very well at low speed and at high speed.