A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Audi! A8L 4.0T......beastly I tell ya!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My first Audi! A8L 4.0T......beastly I tell ya!

This is my first Audi! and i have to admit i am very impressed. i have come from FBO e85 gtr world and this luxo BARGE can boogie! MODS to COME.

1. 2015 s8 front end facelift( need some serious help with compatibility and part numbers.
2. apr tune
3. A decent set of wheels, as the stockers do not do this platform any justice at all. looking for a STOCK OEM wheel that maybe give it a more sportier look. S8? and what from the S line will fit?

thanks
Old 02-22-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did u find out about the s8 front bumper? i have a 4.0t as well....def needs the better looking s8 front
Old 02-22-2016, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've only seen the Iltek one and people don't seem to like the company. You can also mod the rear bumper to the S8, I chose to just mod my rear to the newer style A8, rectangular tips. about $1500 all in. S8 will be more, as there are more parts to buy. As for wheels, I bought the rotor wheels off ebay, aftermarket, not OEM, and so far even in snow and salt, have held up remarkably well. still look great. Painting my calipers red when it warms up.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

what year D4 did you buy? I got the lowly 3.0 but still love the car, had it about 4-5 month so far and no issues. a 2013.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Welcome to the Audi family...

... you have an extraordinary car... I might offer a word of caution as to the arc of your mods. If you wanted a tight handling car with more horsepower, the S8 or an RS7 might have been a wiser choice. The remarkable part of the A8 is its incredible balance. Especially the "L"

Any chip upgrades to your motor will likely void your warrantee. Wheel/tire upgrades are fine - a new front end body clips will challenge your insurer should you get into an accident.

If I had your car, I would do nothing for the first 5000 miles to be sure you are mostly trouble free...

For example, my 2015 RS5 has had a fuel regulator issue, new brakes and various software fixes in it's first 8000 miles. I have had nine Audi's and this is par for the course (in my experience).

Enjoy your A8! It is fabulous,

eric
Old 06-01-2016, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a 2015 A8l with 23K miles now, I did the APR upgrade at 6k and have had zero problems with service and the warranty. Love the car and wondering if anybody has other suggestions on performance mods? Also have not been able to find 100 octane unleaded in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, but working on that now, should be fun to tweak the APR tune up to 100 octane settings.
The following users liked this post:
Spoon67 (05-06-2022)
Old 06-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR tune

Originally Posted by Brian Colombo
I have a 2015 A8l with 23K miles now, I did the APR upgrade at 6k and have had zero problems with service and the warranty. Love the car and wondering if anybody has other suggestions on performance mods? Also have not been able to find 100 octane unleaded in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, but working on that now, should be fun to tweak the APR tune up to 100 octane settings.
I just purchased a used 2015 A8L 4.0 with 18k miles. I am considering the APR tune (even being SO expensive). Can you tell me if the tune was worth it for you? Was it a substantial difference in power and driveability, etc.?

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I talked to my dealer about ECU mods it last night because I'm still considering a piggy back. He confirmed immediate TD1 flag automatically through the system, without any of dealer's involvement. He urged me not to flash or do anything because of warranty issues for powertrain components after the car is flagged.
I had Giac on my TT, APR on my A4, and APR on my S6... but that was before the TD1 flags. Now I'm afraid to lose my warranty and CPO with ECU flash.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I Have yet to do any mods. Been chasing some demons that my cpo came with. The dreaded 4.0t rattle and the front sway bar and bushings mainly. My ac went out as well. thankfully all is fixed now so lets see.

As far as the warranty goes my Audi dealer installs APR and says its a not really an issue. Apparently there is a ton of power left in the 4.0t. Along with our 8 speed transmissions the apr tune is conservative they say.

If my car stays problem free for a while i may consider it.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's amazing, all my mod friendly dealers became mod averse within 1 year times of TD1 flags. If you cant get that in writing from your dealer that would be great!

Originally Posted by PainDOC
I Have yet to do any mods. Been chasing some demons that my cpo came with. The dreaded 4.0t rattle and the front sway bar and bushings mainly. My ac went out as well. thankfully all is fixed now so lets see.

As far as the warranty goes my Audi dealer installs APR and says its a not really an issue. Apparently there is a ton of power left in the 4.0t. Along with our 8 speed transmissions the apr tune is conservative they say.

If my car stays problem free for a while i may consider it.

Quick Reply: My first Audi! A8L 4.0T......beastly I tell ya!