A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Audi and loving it!

Old 03-01-2015, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Audi and loving it!

Hello! This is my first Audi and I have to say I love driving this thing!! Just put my winter tire set up on I'm ready for whatever mother nature has to offer. I traded in a 2013 M5 for this and I'm really happy with my decision. My M5 was a 6 speed and while it was a lot of fun to drive, the auto in the S8 is unbelievable. Super fast shifts, tons of power, love everything about this car. The BMW was really fast, but with rear wheel drive it was nearly impossible to put all the power down whereas in the S8, even with snow tires, I can put the pedal down and hardly any wheel spin occurs. I'm looking forward to many happy miles...
Old 03-01-2015, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had my '15 S8 since 28 Nov and I have to agree it is pretty awesome. I just wish the MMI was more intuitive and the manual was a little better. Lots of stuff to adjust if you can just find the right screen..

Congratulations.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Perhaps after 10 years I'm used to the MMI logic flow, so I don't really get some of the fuss about the difficulty of using the system. If you take the initial time to go through all the screen settings when you first get the car, then it's really intuitive and easy... an hour well spent. I suppose it's just like listening to someone explain why they do something a certain way---it's their thought logic that you're understanding, and once understood, it all makes sense...or then again, maybe not. 😉 And if you first look over the MMI screens on your own, then reading what's in the manual(s) makes more sense IMO.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

derfA8L there is some truth to your post, and I guess I'm just used to the logic of the Porsche engineers, but the logic of where Audi puts stuff is beyond me. I've gone through the screens and read the book, but on the road yesterday I wanted to change the volume of the navigation voice guidance and for the life of me couldn't find it while I was driving. I'm sure if I get the book out today I can find it again (I've adjusted it in the past) but it SHOULD be in the Navigation area somewhere, but it isn't. Is it in the Radio, Telephone, Car Systems, Individual or someplace else. I know it is there, but it certainly isn't intuitive to me at least.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

I believe you simply use the volume control **** to adjust the level after turning on the Nav system. It will also adjust the volume as the instructions are being given.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great car right?!

Enjoy for many miles in good health.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
derfA8L there is some truth to your post, and I guess I'm just used to the logic of the Porsche engineers, but the logic of where Audi puts stuff is beyond me. I've gone through the screens and read the book, but on the road yesterday I wanted to change the volume of the navigation voice guidance and for the life of me couldn't find it while I was driving. I'm sure if I get the book out today I can find it again (I've adjusted it in the past) but it SHOULD be in the Navigation area somewhere, but it isn't. Is it in the Radio, Telephone, Car Systems, Individual or someplace else. I know it is there, but it certainly isn't intuitive to me at least.
Touch "Tone" button, then hit the Navigation button next to the MMI button which will bring up the Navigation prompts volume, press down the MMI control button, set the desired volume level, and BE SURE to press down the MMI control button again to set. For future reference, it is on page 14 of the MMI Navigation plus manual. Now what isn't logical about that? 😄
Old 03-04-2015, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigBoy11
Touch "Tone" button, then hit the Navigation button next to the MMI button which will bring up the Navigation prompts volume, press down the MMI control button, set the desired volume level, and BE SURE to press down the MMI control button again to set. For future reference, it is on page 14 of the MMI Navigation plus manual. Now what isn't logical about that? 😄
Absolutely logical to put the VOLUME under the TONE section of the menu. Sure. That is what I mean. I'm sure I'll get conditioned but it can be frustrating at times. That is about the only thing I find wrong with this vehicle though. Love to drive it just cruising down the interstate or being a little more aggressive on the back roads.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
Absolutely logical to put the VOLUME under the TONE section of the menu. Sure. That is what I mean. I'm sure I'll get conditioned but it can be frustrating at times. That is about the only thing I find wrong with this vehicle though. Love to drive it just cruising down the interstate or being a little more aggressive on the back roads.
I keep the manuals real handy as I am always encountering something that requires a quick reference and yes, sometimes the "logic" is totally baffling! I do know there is a least 1 and I think 2 ways of getting to the same screen but too lazy to look again. I will warn you, that at least on mine, the nav volume will periodically revert to a lower level for some reason so I have to remember the tone thing. But yes, the driving experience is why I bought it and it definitely overrides whatever minor quibbles and quirks it might have.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome looking car. I like the way the wheels look with the color of the car.

-Don

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to Audi and loving it!