A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (to me) 2013 S8

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New (to me) 2013 S8

Hi all,

First post and I'm a week into the ownership experience. Its a 2013 floret silver with nougat brown inside. I did try to attach some photos but they came out enormous. I'm sure I will figure that out at some point. I agonized about a face lift car but the deal on this was too good to pass its only got 11K kms.

So far I've managed to update the firmware and I'll have a go at the maps in the next day or so. Google maps worked as soon as I put a SIM card in. No Audi connect though apparently not yet available in this region.

Its on the 5 spoke triple 21" at the moment and I'm considering changing to the rotor style. One question is the triple spokes come with 265x35 and the rotors are listed as 275x35. Would I be able to use the current tires (at 265) or is that not advisable.

I got a dragon fly DAC for high res audio files and have been using it with the aux in. The B & O, I think is exceptional (for a car) and I'm really enjoying it.

Couple of problems:- when filling the car the pump keeps shutting of and you have to fill the car very slowly. When you open the fuel cap a lot of gas and gurgling noises escape. Its like some pressure release valve isn't working. Its going into the dealer week after next (under warranty thankfully). They think its a new tank job.

Also there is a vibration through the steering wheel at 100kph (60 ish mph). I've checked the pressure and balance on the tires. Tire shop thinks that because the tires are old they need replacing, possibly, or it could just be sales pitch. Part of me thinks that because its such a low mileage it must have been sitting around a far while and could have some flat spots. Beyond that are there any particular bushings that wear on these cars that I should get checked out?

Overall the car is beginning to sink in. I've have various high hp cars over the years and this is the biggest and heaviest by far. Its not something to be flung around tight bends but on the motorway/highway its fantastic which is what I bought it for. I find myself with very little time for just going for a blast these days.

Look forward to being on the forum.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 579 Likes on 485 Posts

Welcome.

Search will answer some of your questions. Find my posts on 265 vs. 275, even specific to my S8 ownership. Already several ones at length in recent months and this year. 275 in USA is fitment on rotors and all of them are same 9" wheel--that's the key part of spec. to keep in mind.

Tires are not "old" if a 2013. Manufacturers and larger vendors say okay up to five years. I have run out to ten on some part time wheels, or take offs I store and such. First thing I would do is rotate tires front to back. If feels changes you know it is in tires--or wheel. Possible you have a bent wheel though they should see that if they took them off car and spun them to balance. Bushings wear at upper control arms, but at 11K km not at all likely. More like 100K km maybe to consider. For tires, can also be flat spots like you say (should go mostly away when warmed up with a good drive), skid/spin flat spot that won't go away, or torn belt or sidewall. Anyway, rotate first and visually inspect each tire and rim while doing it.

Yes, have dealer look at tank issue. At same time they should scan it. If you don't have VCDS, just politely ask along way whether scan showed any issues, this included.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 08-27-2016 at 11:56 AM.