A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 2016 A8L 4.0T Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 10:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! Congrats and enjoy!
Old 10-19-2016, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the custom fit reflective windshield covers work well. I would guess a good 20 degrees cooler. With all the shades up,sunroof blind pulled, but sun roof tilted. I already have a dark tint so it's like sitting in a cave till you get out.
Not sure about the % of tint, but you can't see in from outside at most angles.
But I'd say you already know these tips living in Nevada
Old 10-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not just when parked... I was sitting a red light and the sun was cooking me through the windshield. Side windows were fine. I may add tint to the sunroof as well...

I had a custom folding sun shade in my S65. That helped greatly when parking the car. Cooler temps and saved the leather covered dash...
Old 10-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Next I've been researching the VCDS codes that let you change things that aren't enables from the factory...
* Needle Sweep
* Operate windows from the remote
* Play DVD while in motion

I would also like to find out if I can change the defaults for a few things...
- My car has an Auto feature for the LED headlights that's not default to being active
- I would like the radio to display the current channel as default and start in the Preset List
- I would like to be able to push button start the car without needing to apply the brake pedal
Old 10-26-2016, 01:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Well, those first three are easy enough. As for the last three, that's different. I don't know what auto feature you are refering to, the only auto LED's I know of are set by the headlight switch. For the radio and push button start, I don't believe those things can be set as you wish.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
Well, those first three are easy enough. As for the last three, that's different. I don't know what auto feature you are refering to, the only auto LED's I know of are set by the headlight switch. For the radio and push button start, I don't believe those things can be set as you wish.
Thanks Jack. Your thread is where I got some of the ideas. There were others in the list I didn't understand. Some of the acronyms I don't know... Not sure whats available in the secrete green menu for my car either.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know what the diameter of the exhaust is that goes into the center suitcase style resonator? I would like to bring my own X pipe with me when I have it removed.
What is our exhaust made of? Stainless steel or mild steel?
Old 11-02-2016, 12:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by MCMLXIX
Does anyone know what the diameter of the exhaust is that goes into the center suitcase style resonator? I would like to bring my own X pipe with me when I have it removed.
What is our exhaust made of? Stainless steel or mild steel?
Audis have been stainless for a pretty long time now, though you will still see some corrosion as they get older.

EKTA parts diagram (for 4.0T) probably gets you the answer on diameter if you look at the surrounding connection fitting clamping points (##6 and 7).
Attached Thumbnails New to me 2016 A8L 4.0T Sport-screen-shot-2016-11-02-1.27.03-am.png  
Old 11-02-2016, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I wasn't aware that the A8's had exhaust valves. I certainly can't hear a difference inside the car.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Yes. Goes back to D3 when W12 and S8 had them. Now even my four banger Hybrid has one. Audi uses them more as a power/tuning thing, but maybe the opposite of what you expect. That is, they close to increase back pressure, which helps in low RPM torque and then probably fuel economy a little bit too. A little more complicated w/ turbo's probably, but the general principle. Sound is then a function of how aggressive exhaust is. But given latter is designed luxo barge quiet, you don't hear much. On my D3 I unplugged them for a while when their "fail" position was open, but it didn't change sound much either. A little bit on moderate off idle acceleration, but otherwise not really.

Quick Reply: New to me 2016 A8L 4.0T Sport