Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-Present Audi S8 produced from 2012-

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 06:56 AM   #1
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 11928

Default No Current 4.0T V8 Allocations in U.S.

So I heard from my dealer yesterday that my A8L 4.0T July order isn't going anywhere at the moment. All U.S. dealers (so I'm told) have just been notified that there are no allocations for August/September 4.0T V8 builds. He said it's not just A8s, but spread across all 4.0T engine lines (A8, S8, S7, S6).

I guess their 4.0T engine production isn't sufficient for current order demand, or they've hit some kind of a production snag. Anyone else hearing anything on this?

Oh, well, the Panny 4S is beginning to look good again---especially if this issue looks like it will continue into September. Bahhhh!

derfA8L

2015 A8L 4.0T (production week 10/20/14...Delivered on 11/21/14) Panther Black Crystal Effect/Black Interior/Black Alcantara/Poplar Brown-Silver Inlays
Premium, Luxury, Sport, Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Rear Seat Comfort, Panoramic Sunroof, Night Vision
derfA8L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
gk1
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 14154

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfA8L View Post
So I heard from my dealer yesterday that my A8L 4.0T July order isn't going anywhere at the moment. All U.S. dealers (so I'm told) have just been notified that there are no allocations for August/September 4.0T V8 builds. He said it's not just A8s, but spread across all 4.0T engine lines (A8, S8, S7, S6).

I guess their 4.0T engine production isn't sufficient for current order demand, or they've hit some kind of a production snag. Anyone else hearing anything on this?

Oh, well, the Panny 4S is beginning to look good again---especially if this issue looks like it will continue into September. Bahhhh!
Too many going into Bentleys...ha....

2015 S6 Quartz Gray
Black, Carbon, Night, Cold, DA, ACC, 20's

2014 SQ5 Glacier White
Black Nappa, Carbon, B&O, NAV, 21's

Past:
2012 S4 S-Tronic Monsoon Gray
2008 A6 3.2Q S-Line Daytona Gray
2007 A4 2.0T S-Line Ice Silver
2001 S4 Nogaro Blue
gk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 278862

Maybe they will build a bigger TDI. The 2015 is reported to have higher output. This may be production changeover.
JL Sub in the trunk
MMI Firmware 4610
Panelhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
AudiWorld Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panelhead View Post

Maybe they will build a bigger TDI. The 2015 is reported to have higher output. This may be production changeover.
Nope. Has nothing to do with Turbo Diesel engines. The 4.0T is a twin turbo gasoline direct injected engine, not a diesel.

derfA8L

2015 A8L 4.0T (production week 10/20/14...Delivered on 11/21/14) Panther Black Crystal Effect/Black Interior/Black Alcantara/Poplar Brown-Silver Inlays
Premium, Luxury, Sport, Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Rear Seat Comfort, Panoramic Sunroof, Night Vision

Last edited by derfA8L; 07-25-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
AudiWorld Super User

So, I received word from my dealer that they were able to trade with another dealer for a September build A8L allocation and were able to change the VBO to my specs. Don't know what's going on, but apparently there was at least one August/September A8 4.0T U.S. allocation out there for my dealer to find. Bottom line is I'm appreciative to my dealer for spreading out a net to catch a build slot for me when we thought none currently existed. Scheduled for production week of 9/15 :-)

derfA8L

Old 08-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 185862

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfA8L View Post
So, I received word from my dealer that they were able to trade with another dealer for a September build A8L allocation and were able to change the VBO to my specs. Don't know what's going on, but apparently there was at least one August/September A8 4.0T U.S. allocation out there for my dealer to find. Bottom line is I'm appreciative to my dealer for spreading out a net to catch a build slot for me when we thought none currently existed. Scheduled for production week of 9/15 :-)
Hi. My local Audi dealer placed an order for me back in late May for a 2015 Audi A8L 4.0T. At first they said delivery probably in September then they found a slot to be built and deliver by July 25th. The only thing I had to agree to was the wheel upgrade which was part of this build specs I told him go for it. Sure enough we got delivery of the new Audi on July 25th!! Great car! Never heard of the problem you mentioned with orders that have the 4.0T engine.
egarriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #7
AudiWorld Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by egarriga View Post
Hi. My local Audi dealer placed an order for me back in late May for a 2015 Audi A8L 4.0T. At first they said delivery probably in September then they found a slot to be built and deliver by July 25th. The only thing I had to agree to was the wheel upgrade which was part of this build specs I told him go for it. Sure enough we got delivery of the new Audi on July 25th!! Great car! Never heard of the problem you mentioned with orders that have the 4.0T engine.
Issue is for August/September build allocations. Your car was built prior to the engine shortage, back in June. Right now there are something like 25 August/September A8 4.0-liter V8 engine builds showing in the Audi internal system for the entire East coast---according to my dealer, there should be way more than that. BTW, my scheduled build week was pushed back from 9/15 to 10/22...but that could be due to the Audi Exclusive paint we ordered.

derfA8L

Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2015, 40, a8l, audi, silver, sunroof, turbo, wpanoramic