A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no lock chirp?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no lock chirp?

My car did the chirp on lock when I got it but after an extended dealer stay it no longer does it. I've tried toggling the "tone" option in the central locking menu, but to no avail. The panic button still causes it to beep the same way and flash lights but locking no longer does it (lights or chirp).

Is this a dealer reset or can something be done? Seems like the capacitive lock touch button also stopped working occasionally around the same time, maybe a locking module?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are all you doors locking when you push the button? Do your lights flash when you lock the door? You said that the keyless entry function doesn't work anymore?
I know the car will not beep if it believes that a door is open. If you start the car are there any messages in the instrument cluster? Hood warning or door ajar?
You mentioned the car was in the shop? What did they fix?

I have a suspicious feeling that one of the door switches are acting up. Hope this helps, let me know!

JustDriveIt!
Old 02-17-2015, 10:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No flash on lock. No doors ajar or trunk open. No instrument warnings. The car was in for an epc/cel warning lights and the changed cam sensors and o2 sensors.

The touch pad on the door handle works intermittently, but no flash or chirp as with the keyfob. I have the mirrors set to fold on lock and they work normally.

Dealer did they did a software update after changing the parts, maybe they flashed something wrong? I'll check the tech notes but it's under warranty so they'll probably find it, just wanted to make sure it wasn't user error
Old 02-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just double checked, rear left door was not locking. The other 3 lock normally, but this one stays unlocked!

Guess that helps the diagnosis. The handle also doesnt unlock when touched but the lock pad works, just leaves that door unlocked.

Weird!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup that's gonna be your culprit! The micro switch in the door has most likely gone bad. Take it back to the dealer and get it fixed! You'll be back up chirping and blinking in not time. Plus you can't really go anywhere if the car always stays unlocked...

JustDriveIt!
Old 02-19-2015, 10:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got it back, was the actuator. Chirping like a champ. To think I left my laptop in there and it wasn't even locked! Guess I live in a good neighborhood

Originally Posted by JustDriveIt!
Yup that's gonna be your culprit! The micro switch in the door has most likely gone bad. Take it back to the dealer and get it fixed! You'll be back up chirping and blinking in not time. Plus you can't really go anywhere if the car always stays unlocked...

JustDriveIt!