A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pistol Storage

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Pistol Storage

I've given up carrying on my hip because I don't want to cause wear on the bolster. The only convenient place I've found to put a pistol is the door pocket. Where does everyone else keep theirs?

My final solution was to switch to a much smaller pocket pistol(S&W Bodyguard). So far I like it but was wondering what others do.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by the_duke
I've given up carrying on my hip because I don't want to cause wear on the bolster. The only convenient place I've found to put a pistol is the door pocket. Where does everyone else keep theirs?

My final solution was to switch to a much smaller pocket pistol(S&W Bodyguard). So far I like it but was wondering what others do.
Ankle holster and/or belt forward. Otherwise carry my Beretta in a pocket holster. Don't think Germany is big on concealed carry!
Old 09-08-2016, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

For a car as big as an 8, there really isn't a lot of storage available.

I put mine in the center console.

Now, if there was only a place to put a cell phone.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

PPK holstered behind the right pocket, before Maryland anyhow. They are pretty tight about that sort of thing here.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep the rear armrest down and keep mine in there. I can reach it from the front if I need to but it's out of the way.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sounds like I haven't overlooked any magical storage spot that I didn't know about.

As far as on body carry goes I'm too fat for appendix carry and I shorts and polo shirt kinda guy so the ankle holster would only work in the coldest months of winter. The pocket pistol however is working great. Really wish I would have done it years ago. .380 isn't my favorite caliber but i'd rather have a .380 in my pocket than a .45 in the car.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Sounds like I haven't overlooked any magical storage spot that I didn't know about.

As far as on body carry goes I'm too fat for appendix carry and I shorts and polo shirt kinda guy so the ankle holster would only work in the coldest months of winter. The pocket pistol however is working great. Really wish I would have done it years ago. .380 isn't my favorite caliber but i'd rather have a .380 in my pocket than a .45 in the car.

Hollow points!
Old 09-09-2016, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Of course.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

New s6 owner, have a q7 as well. In s6, carry in door pocket and glove box. S&w shield in door faces rearward for better right hand hand grasp. One in glove box is a reach but accessible. Wife's q7 has a .22mag revolver in center console.
Whole different can of worms but the ruger line of lcp revolvers are easily stow able car guns.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You and I suffer from the same issue, relating to appendix carry and clothing choices. I'm a pocket holster, pocket carry guy. It's either my Diamondback DB9 or my Glock 43 although there are some great new holster options now, plus this cool little clip and subs in for a belt for any kydex IWB or similar.

I have no affiliation with any of the holster companies:

https://qccholsters.com/

The Ulticlip Holster Clip

Nobody asked me, but I'm offering it up anyway...please please please find a way to carry on your person. If you need it, you need to get to it and if, God forbid you're carjacked, you've made a crook very happy. Just an old retired cop's opinion.

Happy carrying!

Last edited by johnfountaine@gmail.com; 09-09-2016 at 08:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Pistol Storage