A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quoted $3400 for Fidelity Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Quoted $3400 for Fidelity Warranty

My '13 A8 expires in 5 months. It has about 30K miles. So I am shopping around for a good exclusionary warranty. Was quoted about $3300. I expected that. What I didn't expect was it was for only 2 years. Not much value there, that's for sure. I expected 4, maybe 3 years. But 2 years? I'm probably going to at least try to look elsewhere for an exclusionary warranty or other options
Old 04-28-2016, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Insurance companies exist for only one reason. They exist to make money for themselves.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't you pay a little more and get more years? I always seem to break even with extended warranties within 12-18 months. After that I don't know how they stay in business because I take my car in for EVERYTHING.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
Insurance companies exist for only one reason. They exist to make money for themselves.
+1000.

As I like to say; Insurance companies are your friend, until something goes wrong.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I never had any extended warranty that I purchased from a dealer deny service. I once had my S600 run up $20K in repairs in one year and not an issue with coverage. Same for my Porsche. There's nothing wrong with purchasing a good warranty through your dealer if you plan to keep an expensive car past manufacturers warranty.

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
+1000.

As I like to say; Insurance companies are your friend, until something goes wrong.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasTT
I never had any extended warranty that I purchased from a dealer deny service. I once had my S600 run up $20K in repairs in one year and not an issue with coverage. Same for my Porsche. There's nothing wrong with purchasing a good warranty through your dealer if you plan to keep an expensive car past manufacturers warranty.
When did you purchase it? If you purhcase irt as you bough te ca then ta is an entirley different scenario.

Most purchase a warranty within a month or 2 before it expires. Fidelity warranty which is suppose to be AUDI's extended MBI, equivalent to their original waranty but I somehow doubt that as there are quite a few complaints about Fidelity.

Some of the issues I have heard is that claims are denied due to sofware. So they will pay a partial claim at times but anything related to sofware is not paid.

Even sticking to an exclusionary warranty only it still seems that companies find loopholes to avoid paying claims. Fidelity is suppose to be exclusionary. i will have to read one of their warranty contrcats

$3400 for 2 years is still not a wise investment IMO. If one is going to lay out cash for MBI I would say that 3 years is the minimum

The best experience I have ever had with warranties are on pre-owns that I have bought at carmax. Carmax offers the best no hassle exclusionary warranties. You take the car back to them and they send it out to the manufacture - no questions asked.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

mark_nimda, I've had great experience on a CarMax warranty on a Porsche. In the first two years, it paid for itself.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ppinto1
mark_nimda, I've had great experience on a CarMax warranty on a Porsche. In the first two years, it paid for itself.
I know others that have great things to say about Carmax however I think you need to look at the holistic "cost" of paying a bit too much for the car to start with plus the warranty cost. On some cars you can get very good deals on however others you can find much cheaper via private sale or even dealers.

I looked at 2 S8s at Carmax and their competitor Vroom and both were a few thousand more than I could find comps listed. So yea the warranty is good but you might have to pay up to have the chance to pay for it...
Old 04-29-2016, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Things may be different now, but Fidelity paid for my carbon build up and everything else it ruined on my S6 V10. I think what matters if finding a warranty that the dealer you trust works with, that way they have a relationship with the warranty and their claims are clean, so there are no issues getting paid. But that was a few years back with Fidelity... so things may have changed. If they did, that would be unfortunate. My EZCare through Porsche is still a champ. Overall my Porsche is covered for 9 years / 120K.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by boomer28
I know others that have great things to say about Carmax however I think you need to look at the holistic "cost" of paying a bit too much for the car to start with plus the warranty cost. On some cars you can get very good deals on however others you can find much cheaper via private sale or even dealers.

I looked at 2 S8s at Carmax and their competitor Vroom and both were a few thousand more than I could find comps listed. So yea the warranty is good but you might have to pay up to have the chance to pay for it...
I don't want to get get into a car max thing since this is an A8 Warranty thread but I will say that CarMax is extremely competetive to any dealer if one is buying prE-owned. There may be slight exceptions and yes, I could see an S8 as being ONE since its so rare but look up the S65 or S63 AMG prices on CarMax (2009-2012 years as an example) and that will give you an idea of how comepetive they are. Their prices are dead on when you look at the manheim auction prices and they don't nickel and dime you to death and play games.

All 3 pre-owns I bought from Carmax were pulled from another state's inventory and the cars matched their walk-around report. They were always very honest and each car was in stellar shape. If I buy pre-owned its always Carmax.

Quick Reply: Quoted $3400 for Fidelity Warranty