A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear sports differential and dynamic steering saved me

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by bravo659
By using the mmi drive select to dynamic already has the sports differential? That is what you saying?
If you have the rear sports differential it will have its own MMI setting selection listed within the "SET INDIVIDUAL" sub-menu. The different selections (COMFORT/AUTO/DYNAMIC) will change the distribution of power to the rear differential, thereby changing the handling dynamics of the car under different circumstances/steering inputs. If you don't see the rear sports differential sub-menu, then you don't have it. This is different from the basic Audi Drive Select setting options---which if set to DYNAMIC will set all available settings (ride height, transmission, engine RPMs) to their sportiest level...will also change the rear sports differential mode, but again, ONLY if you have that option installed on the car.

As I said, look to see if you have a working rear sports differential sub-menu---if not, you don't have the rear sport diff.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
If you have the rear sports differential it will have its own MMI setting selection listed within the "SET INDIVIDUAL" sub-menu. The different selections (COMFORT/AUTO/DYNAMIC) will change the distribution of power to the rear differential, thereby changing the handling dynamics of the car under different circumstances/steering inputs. If you don't see the rear sports differential sub-menu, then you don't have it. This is different from the basic Audi Drive Select setting options---which if set to DYNAMIC will set all available settings (ride height, transmission, engine RPMs) to their sportiest level...will also change the rear sports differential mode, but again, ONLY if you have that option installed on the car.

As I said, look to see if you have a working rear sports differential sub-menu---if not, you don't have the rear sport diff.
Thanks for clarifying. I just have the basic dynamic mode no subnet to select. I only have the drive select from comfort, auto, dynamic and individual.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sunday 8/9 the Pre Sense Plus activated when the car in front decided to slow down to turn into a driveway from the middle lane. Perhaps I was following too close, but was not distracted.

The system was right on by braking suddenly / I can not argue it was faster than my reflexes in that case.

Sports Diff and suspension was on, as always. Impressed w/ the safety tech in the D4...
Old 08-11-2015, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I've got my presense set to medium, and when a guy pulled out in front of me, I reacted before the car did and I still tapped him, albeit quite lightly. Thanks to Marc Kaplan for selling me his grill, that was the only damage. Still angry at that guy in the van, though...