A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some mods

Old 03-20-2017, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some mods

Added a remote start using factory key fob and 22" vossens.

Remote start required losing a key fob... I would click the lock button 3 times and remote start would run for 24 minutes and shut off.

Vossens are 5x120 from when I had my AWD LS600HL.

I used 15mm adapters that converted the wheel. The adapter is 66.56 hub centric to our hub and had a 72.6 built in hubcentric ring that fits perfectly for the vossen wheel.

Rims are flushed up front and slight tuck in the rear

Not everyone's taste I'm sure but I like it.

22x9 all around so that AWD is not messed with...

Just need alignment now

Let me know if there are any questions

Old 03-20-2017, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are some big wheels. They look pretty good but I could not take the ride. A 45 sidewall is my limit...
Old 03-20-2017, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Im sorry it might just be me but those rims look ugly

remote start is what i planned on doing this winter but it wasn't that cold so if i still have the car next winter ill so it using the same factory method but i plan on adding the remote drone to it so i could uae my phone to start the car .
Old 03-20-2017, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Older style and discontinued wheels, but not bad if they are a true multi piece with a strong barrel. Hopefully you got a very good deal on them.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dildildil
Im sorry it might just be me but those rims look ugly

remote start is what i planned on doing this winter but it wasn't that cold so if i still have the car next winter ill so it using the same factory method but i plan on adding the remote drone to it so i could uae my phone to start the car .
Ugly is a bit harsh but I like it... not everyones taste. Was looking for something nice but not too flashy. Better than the factory 19's in my opinion

Remote drone uae? What's all that do?

This was what was installed for factory remote start if anyone wanted to know
Old 03-21-2017, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasTT
Older style and discontinued wheels, but not bad if they are a true multi piece with a strong barrel. Hopefully you got a very good deal on them.
900 shipped with practically brand new tires... couldnt beat it especially for the AWD. It was nice to find a square setup... everything else was staggered
Old 03-21-2017, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Might look a little cleaner with a little drop. I debated for months between 21s and 22s. Just don't think 22s would fare well on the north east roads.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 518 Jersey03_T
Might look a little cleaner with a little drop. I debated for months between 21s and 22s. Just don't think 22s would fare well on the north east roads.
Yeah I normally never put on wheels until I'm dropped but I guess this is what happens when you have left over wheels.

I live in S jersey? Wouldn't be able to help me with a drop would you? LoL

With 21's tire options are rough... not that 22's is that much better. Hopefully an inch drop all around once I buy the module to control the factory air would make it not ugly
Old 03-21-2017, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jlam1017
Ugly is a bit harsh but I like it... not everyones taste. Was looking for something nice but not too flashy. Better than the factory 19's in my opinion

Remote drone uae? What's all that do?

This was what was installed for factory remote start if anyone wanted to know
sorry for the wheels i just dont like big flashy rims,

Compustar drone addon

plugs into the start it module and then you can remote start your car from your smartphone using thier app, I'm surprised the installer didn't mention that to you Its just really a plug and play

just Google compustar drone add-on youll know what I'm talking about
Old 03-21-2017, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlam1017
Yeah I normally never put on wheels until I'm dropped but I guess this is what happens when you have left over wheels.

I live in S jersey? Wouldn't be able to help me with a drop would you? LoL

With 21's tire options are rough... not that 22's is that much better. Hopefully an inch drop all around once I buy the module to control the factory air would make it not ugly
This is an old screen name, I am actually in upstate NY. The CETE controller is really nice with the ease of adjustability.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some mods