A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait for 2105?

Old 10-09-2013, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Wait for 2105?

I'd like to trade my A6 for a bigger car. I know I can get 6% off MSRP on a 2014 A8. Do I wait for the freshened 2015? The new lights and bigger trunk sound worthwhile, but we don't know if the lights will be approved for the United States.

I'm going to a bigger dealership today for service on my A6, so I will compare discounts. Those options add up quickly.

Do y'all use your massage seats? Seats are important to me.

There are 3 S8s in inventory, so I'll see if there's any discount on those. One has been in stock for quite a while, but it has rear entertainment, and there's little need for that in a SWB car.

I didn't drive a S8. The 4.0 seems plenty potent.

Anyone waiting at this point for the 2015 updates?
Old 10-09-2013, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scottphillip
I'd like to trade my A6 for a bigger car. I know I can get 6% off MSRP on a 2014 A8. Do I wait for the freshened 2015? The new lights and bigger trunk sound worthwhile, but we don't know if the lights will be approved for the United States.
This is something that you will have to decide on. There are many factors to consider when making a purchase. I got a good deal on my A8L so to took the leap.

I do not think we will be seeing the new lights here until mid '15 if then. As you know the government is slow moving when it comes to change. If you want a bigger trunk then wait. My S6 trunk was bigger then my A8L but I don't mind as I do not use it that much which is another thing to consider.

I'm going to a bigger dealership today for service on my A6, so I will compare discounts. Those options add up quickly.
Very quickly. Before you know it you turned a $90K car into a $120K car with a few clicks.

You bet. Love them and use them. Heated and Cooling are also a great plus.

There are 3 S8s in inventory, so I'll see if there's any discount on those. One has been in stock for quite a while, but it has rear entertainment, and there's little need for that in a SWB car.
I would love to have an S8 but I went for the leg room for the rear seat. I am a tall guy and when my seat is set properly there is just not enough room behind me for a grown person. My car also came with the rear seat entertainment system. Is it worth it, I cannot say. I don't use it but if you have children then I could see it as a bonus on trips.

The only thing I would like to have would be the new lights.
Everything else is good on my '12.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazydog
You bet. Love them and use them. Heated and Cooling are also a great plus.
Agreed! Wave, setting 5 - almost every trip.
I use the ventilation almost year round except for the few cool days here.

Originally Posted by Lazydog
The only thing I would like to have would be the new lights.
Everything else is good on my '12.
Same here.
The double swage and the lights look fantastic but it would be a marginal upgrade for me.

I have considered the S8 but it would just be a weekend toy for me, and probably get me arrested.

If you are ready and they have something on the lot you like for a decent price I would go for it now.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Question

I drove an S8 today and the new Jaguar XJR. I liked the looks of the XJR, but didn't like the instruments and controls.

The S8 was quite nice and I really don't think that it's terribly expensive considering the level of performance and equipment.

I got quotes on the S8 and a A8L. The A8 was heavily loaded and was unfortunately was the only A8 in stock with the Driver Assistance Package that I want.

I'm indecisive, but at least I know I want another Audi.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove an S8 today and the new Jaguar XJR. I liked the looks of the XJR, but didn't like the instruments and controls.

The S8 was quite nice and I really don't think that it's terribly expensive considering the level of performance and equipment.

I got quotes on the S8 and a A8L. The A8 was heavily loaded and was unfortunately was the only A8 in stock with the Driver Assistance Package that I want.

I'm indecisive, but at least I know I want another Audi.
Massage seats are good - I use on trips if I hit traffic or if has been a 2+ hours without a stop - it definitely helps feeling better after a long trip. As far as the rear entertainment system - if you have kids it is def worth it.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wait for 2105?

That's a long wait...
Old 10-10-2013, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Question

I probably will not wait. My choices are currently:

SWB 4.0 with the options I want;
LWB 4.0 (in Night Blue Pearl & Velvet Beige) with B&O and sport plus package (extra $10K); or
S8 4.0 with the options I want (extra $20K).

When I had my prior S8, I worried about gas mileage and bought a Camry Hybrid to drive around town. That was stupid. The S8 would be more $ to insure and keep in tires.

I guess the question if the S8 is worth the extra $20,000 over an A8. I am a conservative driver, but enjoy the occasion burst of power.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you hang out with car guys and can afford the extra $ the S8 has some nice cool factor to it. The 4.0t engine will be tunable to S8 levels soon enough for much less than S8 pricing if you crave neck snapping acceleration. I find it hard in my daily driving to exhaust the performance of the 4.0.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

I guess the question if the S8 is worth the extra $20,000 over an A8. I am a conservative driver, but enjoy the occasion burst of power.
My opinion is if you are a conservative driver then stick with the A8. $20K for an occasional burst isn't worth it and the A8 should give you a burst when you want it. Granted it isn't going to be neck snapping but it also will not be disappointing.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

When I had my prior S8, I worried about gas mileage and bought a Camry Hybrid to drive around town. That was stupid. The S8 would be more $ to insure and keep in tires.
Have you considered the A8L TDI? Great mileage and great torque.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wait for 2105?