A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are all of the buyers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Everyone got their taxes back and bought their cars by now.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
I feel like you are hyper focusing on these issues. As I said, you can push the lever to increase speed or accelerate with the gas pedal and hit the set button when it reaches precisely the speed you want. A minor inconvenience, but I don't often change my cruise speed once I've set it. If it bothers you beyond reason, increments may be adjustable via VCDS, but I'm not sure, and I know a dealer would be highly unlikely to fiddle around with it to try.

As far as the mic issue goes, no microphone in any car will stand up to blowing air directly on it, be it a Honda or a Bentley. The location was chosen with the idea that being centrally located means the front passenger can be heard as well as the driver, and being on the ceiling separates as much as possible from other ambient noise sources or vibrations. The solution to the problem couldn't be simpler. It's only an inconvenience if you are in the habit of pointing your vents straight up, and even then, quite a minor one.

If that's the scope of your complaints, you should be over the moon with your car, but the way you talk about it gives the impression you look at the car as if it has egregious faults that completely spoil it. If you want a car tailored to you perfectly, you will need to see a coachbuilder. A few still exist, taking factory cars and making huge changes to suit their often oil enriched clientele.
Your point is valid - I do make it sounds like I hate the car over these 2 faults. In fact, I love the car, it's a joy to drive, the styling is fantastic and overall I'm very happy. Perhaps I was hyper-focusing, but mostly because I was struggling to believe that both issues were by design. I do typically point my vents straight up so now know I will simply have to redirect them when I use the phone. Design flaw? I think so, but now that I know the solution, I will live with it. Cruise control increments? Every other car I've driven (including the loaner Q3) allowed +1 kph increments, so I thought +10 kph was unusual. Again, now that I know the solutions, I'll live with it.

So my attention should perhaps be focused on the sales guy for not pointing these out to me

Love the car - I really do!

Ken
Old 06-09-2016, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm glad you like it, and I miss my A8. Even so, it had ****** in its armor, and every now and then, it would drive me crazy, but I can honestly call it the best car I ever owned. I can't wait for my next one.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Just a quick FYI, the Lexus LS460 had exactly the same issue with air vents blowing directly toward or across the mic's. I always prefer the vents aimed straight at me and never had a problem but my wife prefers vents up and always has to redirect during phone conversations. Our Porsche is the same way so not just an Audi issue.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi !! I'm a new owner of a CPO '13 S8 37k miles white, 5 arm Ti rotors with the usual options and B & O. I'm sure I'll have questions and comments as I'm an active car owner with 5 other rides. Great info here !
Old 06-12-2016, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ionize
Hi !! I'm a new owner of a CPO '13 S8 37k miles white, 5 arm Ti rotors with the usual options and B & O. I'm sure I'll have questions and comments as I'm an active car owner with 5 other rides. Great info here !
I'd love to see pictures of your new ride. That is the exact combo I love and plan to buy in the next year or so...
Old 09-27-2016, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

2016 audi a8l 3.0t / metallic paint - 40miles on odometer
executive package & credit
driver assistance package
Wheels: 9.0" x 20" 10-Spoke Star Design

msrp 85920
discount 5200
(audi customer cash 5000 manf to dealer marketing allowance 2500)combined discount 7500

sales price 73220
+ $4576 tax
+title/misc $340
+ $150 dealer admin fee
+ $399 tint

drive out price $78650

great deal with D5 just around the corner?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Here is my new one.

2017 S8 plus.
Attached Thumbnails Where are all of the buyers?-car.jpg  
Old 09-27-2016, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the white.

That's the fastest color too.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not real smart sometimes, but one of the first things I figured out is air vents can't be blowing directly onto mic when speaking. I turn speed down and point flow away from mic. Better yet turn flow off. Wife let me know real quick when she could hear me and when she had interference.

Quick Reply: Where are all of the buyers?