A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wing Mirror woe's

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing Mirror woe's

Morning all,

Just joined this very informative site, new to Audi but I must say I am very impressed after just 3 days ownership of my 2015 A8, everything is as it should be well sort of , so far so good.

I purchased the car end of June at that time I was looking after my ill Father he took a dramatic turn for the worst and passed away in July, I asked the dealer to hold the car as I did not feel like collecting it so it sat in storage till Oct 1st when I finally collected it.

To be very honest I didn't want to deal with any short comings the car might have, I don't have a critical eye but I like things to be right. I am taking my time and doing things in some sort of order checking everything out day by day but I can honestly say everything works.

I am quite surprised coming from BMW where everything seamed to go wrong, the only thing I can find is the drivers side door mirror folds in noticeably less than the passenger side, I have Googled it but drawn a blank, I'm hopefully assuming the German eye for quality and everything being just so has missed this, I am going to speak to the dealer about it, but would like your thoughts on it first.

Has it been clattered in storage and a repair attempted.
Are they all like that.
Has it been pushed out of sync with the passenger wing mirror.

Should they be equal and can it be fixed.

I'm off to have a look round this site, my next project is Audi connect I have a 12GB pre loaded sim for the car so just have sign up and test, I think it's a bit like BMW connected drive which I must say worked rather well.

Kind Regards all
Mark.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I have not heard of the issue you describe, I can tell you my mirrors fold equally. I would suspect either failure of that motor or something wrong with the track, like a seal shifted out of place and getting pinched. Good luck!