Anyone have a good compressor clutch for a 95 A6? Is just replacing the bearing enough to fix ....

Old 11-22-2004, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a good compressor clutch for a 95 A6? Is just replacing the bearing enough to fix ....

the wooble? Thanks guys....
Old 11-23-2004, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have a good compressor clutch for a 95 A6? Is just replacing the bearing enough to fix ..

assuming your AC is the same (Zexel) as mine, the answer is yes. mine was making noise when the ac was off. when the ac was switched on, noise stopped. i got another AC from a junkie, just for the clutch/bearing. put it on and noise went away.

then I did some research on the bearing and found a place (local to me) in michigan which made the original bearings for audi/zexel. unfortunately, the bearing design was licensed by audi and they were legally not allow to make the same. however, they were soon (at that time a year ago) going into production for a "consumer" model of the same spec bearing.

i have that information around here somewhere, but can't find it. it might be on the hard drive of my old computer that won't fire up. i'm not sure where you were planning on getting the bearing, but audi will sell only the complete clutch assembly (not cheap) which includes the bearing.