Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Other Audi > Audi 100 / A6 (C4 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 138189

Default Hot Start Problem

My 94 Audi 100 2.6 V6 has trouble starting when the engine is hot. It starts at one crank when engine is cold (ie: in the mornings) but then after driving, leaving the car parked for few hours and then i try to start the car, i would have to crank it 3-4 times in order to get it starting again. I am clueless here anyone could help me?

I even loosened the fuel filter to check whether the fuel pressure is alright or not to see whether fuel pressure is alright in case its the fuel pump, but the fuel spits out no problem at all. I recently changed the spark plugs and fuel filter as well.

Greatly appreciate your help here.
aron56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 228805

Not exactly sure why that would be a problem. Mine starts with also also on the cold start, sometimes with more but its works fine. Same with hot, about 2-3 cranks. Unless you feel like something is dying. Maybe you need new battery or something...

LIKE-> http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-CLUB/164272846918610
C4.Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

I have solved it...thanks..

Not battery, i got brand new battery in it and starter too. It was the Fuel Pressure Regulator that was not functioning well. Changed that and now it starts fine with only one crank.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 47975

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron56 View Post
I have solved it...thanks..

Not battery, i got brand new battery in it and starter too. It was the Fuel Pressure Regulator that was not functioning well. Changed that and now it starts fine with only one crank.
Click the image to open in full size.
Great that someone posted a resolution to their problems. People always come to forums like this and ask for help, but when they resolve their problems they never post the solutions.
upallnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 191582

How hard is that to replace?
Zuffenhausen951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuffenhausen951 View Post
How hard is that to replace?
Not that hard but then be careful of the pin, it tends to spring out and fitting that back can be a pain.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 243909

Parts for your Audi(see Audi Automotive Parts) would really wear out in time. I had the same problem--having a hard time at start up. I had my fuel pump checked and there's actually some leaks, so I had it replaced as well as the fuel filter.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
100, 20, 28e, a6, audi, c6, engine, fuel, hot, location, pressure, problem, problems, regulator, start, starting, tdi, v6, warm