How many Audi 100 onwers are out there?

Old 09-10-2010, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many Audi 100 onwers are out there?

Guys/Ladies,

Is it my impression or I'm one of a hand full that like the 100s?

My first Audi was a 96 5000. Now I'm driving a nice 92 100CS. Got it for $500, already spent about $4k in it just to make sure it won't give me problems in the near future or I'll have problems find parts.

Add to it about $2k in stereo equipments (the only thing I don't like from *any* manufacture) and I got myself a 92 Audi 100 with $6k invested in it.

Stupid? No for me, as I love the car.

Yes I could buy a nice POS 2006/2007 for that money, but it wouldn't be an Audi ...

Any one want to add to this tread and count how many Audis are out there?

[]'s,
Al
Old 09-11-2010, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

94 100cs here. Love it. I hate pretty much every car made in the past 5 or so years, they all look like ghetto rides with massive rims, aggressive headlights, and stupid chocked full of nanny features. Not to mention poor build quality and cheap plastic parts everywhere.

I've been watching craigslist in an effort to buy a fleet of parts cars to keep my C4 running into the decades to come.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Good to know that I'm not alone.

My Audi passion started with my brother-in-law that used to work for an Audi dealer and moved to open an Audi shop.

Unfortunately he passed about 10 years ago, but not before he had 85 Audis parked at his shop.

Well ... all history now and I too am looking to buy couple donor's cars to keep mine running, just in case.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Also, Ive found this in ebay ... just in case: http://stores.ebay.com/Toms-Foreign-...4.l1513&_pgn=1
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Don't forget force5auto.com, email them and they can source just about any used audi part
Old 09-20-2010, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Count me in. I bought a 1992 100CS quattro wagon in 2004 with 76k and it is still very much alive and well with 122k. I have to say, it is not my everyday car, I only use it when I need to haul whole the family and associated cargo. It is an example loaded with options, which, frankly is not my style, as these things tend to be the firt to break. However, things are holding up pretty well. I have the theory that Audi overbuilt these cars in its attempt to overcome bad publicity about the "unintended accelaration" problem of the late 80's. This is all working to our benefit. I am pleased enough with the car, so much so that I decided against replacing it with the last available BMW 5 series wagon last spring (BMW stupidly will not import the new 5 series wagon). So, it is a keeper. Now, if I can only find the time to fashion brackets for replacement speakers for the original Nokia numbers that keep breaking in these cars. Oh, and I have a project in the back-burner to make an honest manual transmission car out of this. Then it would be the ultimate wagon.

Gripes? That V6 is not happy at anything above 3000 rpm (but who cares, it's a hauler), and the steering system is not just uncommunicative; it is actually engaged in a misinfomation campaign about what is really going on in the front wheels. Typical Audi. The sad thing is that the more recent offerings from Audi's competitors are emulating this lack of steering feel. So much for automotive progress...
Old 09-22-2010, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So we are three: The three musketeers, but wait ... they were four, so we need to find one more Audi 100 owner
Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yup, I've got a 1994 100 CS wagon. Its in great condition and I love it. Has just over 300k, but a newer 2.8L engine (~60k) and it's runs beautifully.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Greeting all. I too have a 1994 audi 100 cs quattro that I have owned for about 7 years. It has been really good to me, although I need to change the throttle positioning sensor and have no clue where that thing is located on the engine. Any help would be very welcomed. I recently had to replace water pump, (148,000) miles on it, and shop wanted $2000 for the fixing of the car, so I googled the issue, bought the two tools, (crank shaft holder and cam shaft holder so timing doesn't come off), and bought a water pump, cam shaft gaskets, serpentine and timing belt, thermostate, o ring, ideler, and tentioner all for about $200 on internet. Did the work myself and 800 miles after the work, still running nicely. If anyone wants to borrow tools, just ask. Thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

TPS is on the throttle body... take off the air cleaner hose and plenum, take off the throttle body linkage and throttle body, and replace the TPS on your bench. Make sure to have a new throttle body gasket on hand beforehand. Not too hard of a job.

Also, good time to clean out your TB really well with carb cleaner.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many Audi 100 onwers are out there?