1989 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since it started with starting fluid, your problem is fuel related. SJM Autotechniks site has a thorough troubleshooting writeup on testing fuel related no start. If the fuel filter looks ancient, thats not a bad place to start. Good luck, Tom
Old 10-30-2015, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

With clean plugs and spark, do you hear the fuel pump working ? When I have the rear bench off I can hear it really well.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GroupBquattro
With clean plugs and spark, do you hear the fuel pump working ? When I have the rear bench off I can hear it really well.
There's a metal hose that comes up below the exhaust maifold and I capped that, and it was my vacuum leak. Starts just fine now. Any clue what that goes to? Should I T it somewhere?
Old 10-31-2015, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fattyalx
There's a metal hose that comes up below the exhaust maifold and I capped that, and it was my vacuum leak. Starts just fine now. Any clue what that goes to? Should I T it somewhere?
I think I know what metal hose-pipe you're talking about, but just to be sure, can you send a picture to be sure? I know there is one that is capped, but just want to make sure. So car's running fine now ?
Old 10-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think I know what metal hose-pipe you're talking about, but just to be sure, can you send a picture to be sure? I know there is one that is capped, but just want to make sure. So car's running fine now ?

Straight down. Nobody i've asked has this on their car. Maybe cause they had FWD? Not a clue what it is. Any help on what it is?
Old 10-31-2015, 08:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And yes. running like a dream, I believe both the PS and Alternator belts need tightening and that's about it. Just changed the oil, next is fixing broken seat stitches and heater element, then a few cosmetic rust fixes, stereo wiring and i should be good to go for winter. Here's a rendering I got from a friend of what I want it to look like next summer.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fattyalx

Straight down. Nobody i've asked has this on their car. Maybe cause they had FWD? Not a clue what it is. Any help on what it is?

I thought this would be the pipe you're talking about, but I guess it isn't, from the picture I can't really position it on the car; it seems like it;s underneath. Maybe air conditioning related ? Best bet would be to go under the car and see where it's coming from
Old 11-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I thought this would be the pipe you're talking about, but I guess it isn't, from the picture I can't really position it on the car; it seems like it;s underneath. Maybe air conditioning related ? Best bet would be to go under the car and see where it's coming from
That's looking right behind and below the exhaust manifold. Still cant figure out what it is.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Your car looks great ! Make sure those lights don't block too much air coming into the intercooler, I had some issues with mine when I had the large lights up front. So did you have any luck finding tuners to chip your computer ? Cos I had a friend ask me, and I'm out of answers. Also, did you make it under the car to see where does that pipe lead to ?
Old 02-22-2016, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Your car looks great ! Make sure those lights don't block too much air coming into the intercooler, I had some issues with mine when I had the large lights up front. So did you have any luck finding tuners to chip your computer ? Cos I had a friend ask me, and I'm out of answers. Also, did you make it under the car to see where does that pipe lead to ?
I couldn't really see too well, it looked to me like that pipe lead to the turbo or something like that. It confused me so I capped it and moved on. Now I've got a cold start issue, where it'll start with the cold start injector fuel, and when it stops supplying fuel it dies. I smoked tested the system and found no leaks and I replaced the ISV. I have about 20ft of silicon vacuum line that I'm gonna use to replace every line I can with. Uh Yeah I'm actually about to buy a chip from a guy on motorgeek. His name is GTjeff. He's got a chip for 13-14psi and 17psi overboost. He's been fine tuning it for a year or so, so it should be good. Here's how she sits currently with a light bar haven't had any cooling issues yet. Name:  Snapchat-5743237502760695438_zpstqaocbxp.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  191.1 KB

Quick Reply: 1989 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Wont Start