Audi 200 gauge cluster problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi 200 gauge cluster problem

So My speedo was wack, going up and down and being weird, which caused my odometer to not work well or the trip meter. I decided to take the cluster apart, and reflow a bunch of solder. I found some cracked jounts and fixed those. After doing that, put everything together in the car and now with one cluster light on, the rest are on. So like with the ebrake or the high beams on, every other cluster light in the area (Shift light, abs, brake, high beam) lights up. I went back and checked all the solder and there's none that are bridged, and nothing that looks like it would cause this. I need some help!!
Old 01-25-2016, 04:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fattyalx
So My speedo was wack, going up and down and being weird, which caused my odometer to not work well or the trip meter. I decided to take the cluster apart, and reflow a bunch of solder. I found some cracked jounts and fixed those. After doing that, put everything together in the car and now with one cluster light on, the rest are on. So like with the ebrake or the high beams on, every other cluster light in the area (Shift light, abs, brake, high beam) lights up. I went back and checked all the solder and there's none that are bridged, and nothing that looks like it would cause this. I need some help!!
Hi, Tanin Auto here. We work on Audi speedos and can repair many models and also help get replacements when they are not repairable. We are also happy to offer advice if possible to help you save some money on repairs. What year is your car?
Old 01-25-2016, 04:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tanin Auto
Hi, Tanin Auto here. We work on Audi speedos and can repair many models and also help get replacements when they are not repairable. We are also happy to offer advice if possible to help you save some money on repairs. What year is your car?
1989! 200 turbo quattro manual
Old 01-25-2016, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor

1989! 200 turbo quattro manual
If you want to send it in to us we can run diagnostics on it for you. Here is the link:

Gauge Cluster Speedometer Diagnosis Service

If it is not repairable, we will help you locate a replacement cluster. Just let us know what works for you and we will help you out!

Thanks,
Old 01-25-2016, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tanin Auto
If you want to send it in to us we can run diagnostics on it for you. Here is the link:

Gauge Cluster Speedometer Diagnosis Service

If it is not repairable, we will help you locate a replacement cluster. Just let us know what works for you and we will help you out!

Thanks,
As much as I want, I've gotta use this in the car daily!!
Old 01-26-2016, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor

As much as I want, I've gotta use this in the car daily!!
We understand! We can get you a replacement speedometer but we can't guarantee the mileage. It would be $199 shipped. Just let us know if this is something that you would want us to help you with. We are always happy to assist!