Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 08:32 AM
OMP
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi DELTA BOSE pinout diagram?

Hi.
I think part of my culprit is the following:

I think originally the car ( 200 20V ) came with a DELTA BOSE radio, as it has all BOSE hardware ( speakers).

Then, previous owner for some reason, changed the radio but installed a GAMMA CC ( NON-BOSE) and there are some re-wiring around the radio, specially as he installed 2 additional speakers on the top of the IP.

So, now that I am trying to re-install a proper radio, all problems seem to come out. I have gotten a GAMMA BOSE ( from late V8 on this case) but for what I have read, these were direct replacement to the original DELTA BOSE. Is that right?

So, if itīs the case, my first big issue is that, I have 4 cut wires ( a pairs of green/black - green) that I have no idea where they should go. This seems to be my first culprit ( but I would say the major one).
Iīll stop here for now, as this is p****ng me off, as on the Bentley, I canīt find where do these come from. I have no idea at all.

My GAMMA BOSE has the CD changer possibility, so one of the connectors ( the middle one) would not bee used unless I have a CD changer, so no idea about those wires at all.

Any ideas? Any pinout diagram for the DELTA BOSE?

Thanks
Attached Images   
Old 05-18-2015, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinout/Diagram

I checked my manual but could not find a pin out diagram. I pulled my Delta Bose out and photoed the diagram on the radio. I'll try and post the pic if it doen't work I could email it to you. I hope that helps.
Bob

Audi Picture by V8BOB | 3483054 | AudiWorld.com
Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2015, 01:15 AM
OMP
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey V8Bob

Thanks a lot.
I finally got to figure out all my re-wiring.
Those cables come from a pre-installation from an Audi 100, as the IP was changed beccause the original one had a crakc and it was changed.
So, that is sorted out.

And about the Gamma Bose I am installation, I have a big issue on the radio as when turning it on, I see "safe" right away and depressing FM1 + AM it just stays there and there is no way and can even get the code to be entered.
Donīt know why. I have read about letting it on for an hour, but that is just in case you put the wrong code, but mine just doesnīt let me enter the code.

So, I guess I have to start looking for another one.....Any ideas on that?

Originally, my 200 20V had the DELTA BOSE ( like yours from the picture) as it is a '90 model with Bose but I bought the car with a gamma non-bose so everything blew.
Now, I am trying to put everything together again, but with a Gamma Bose which I believe that is interchangeable.

So thatīs the situation now....

Thanks
Cheers

Thanks
Old 05-23-2015, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try these 2 sites for informatiom. If you have the code for that radio you should be good to go. Good Luck.
Bob

Ti Kan: Audi Radios

Ti Kan: Audi Gamma Radio