I finally got my A/C running. Here are the conclusions

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 02:58 AM
OMP
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I finally got my A/C running. Here are the conclusions

So, after revising each one of the relays, Bentley diagramms and going deep into connections, plugs and everything, I finally got my A/C working beautifuly.

So, first of all, final conclusion on the IRA-Relay, for me, from what I have seen, after a little imagination is the 1st speed fan relay.....With that imagination I would say IRA, split the letters, I ( as 1st) and RAD ( Radiator. I donīt see any other explanation, IF the relay is in its original position.
I still donīt know about the Intensive wash, as I have a separate bottle on the driverīs side panel, very close to the main relay panel under the hood, but fact is that THAT IRA-Relay ( in my case) does that. Again, I still have to do additional searching on the Intensive Wash, but that doesn't bother me that much today.

Second, A/C clutch relay. Wrong one as the one in the car had 4 pin ( it had the earlier Audi 5000 part number based on ETKA) and the one for the 200 20V itīs a 5 PIN Relay. I donīt really know ewhat the 5th pin ( placed right in the middle) would do, but fact is that the relay was not the right one.

Third, the low pressure switch was not ther, and in its place, there was a HIGH pressure switch, so you can imgine the system going crazy on the high/low A/C cutting on high or low presure....( A real mess).

And then, the Temperature regulating flap motor was not working at all, not moving.

So, in came a new A/C clutch Relay ( 5-pin one), a new LOW pressure switch and the new temperature regulating flap motor.

Perfect, cold or hot, regulating temperature and dsitributing air where it should ( either hot or cold)......

Pretty happy with that.

Next stop......BOSE.

Cheers