New guy Intro...............

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy Intro...............

Hi everyone, my name is John and im in vermont. Im about to hopefully get my second Audi I have ever owned and I HOPE im makeing a good choice which brings me to here. Im asking for your thoughts on this car that im about to post on here with all the info and parts that are on it and comes with so please let me know what you think, good or bad....
Here it is..........................

I have a 1990 Audi V8 Quattro. 1st year sent to the U.S. this is a rare car. it has heated power everything, all options available at time of purchase. i started to restore it and have ran out of time and not really in to it anymore. it has new fenders, radiator support, hood, bumper, full URS4 front suspension and brakes, and a period correct Euro steering wheel that doesn't have an air bag that will kill you. the headlight wipers are installed. (i couldn't find them when i took the pics.) the rust it had i sand blasted and epoxy coated. it has a new front suspension with new brakes rotors, calipers, pads. new control arms, URS4 strut housings and control arms are epoxy coated. the exhaust was fix as well. new plugs and wires as well as distributor caps and rotors were installed on the 3.6L 32V all aluminum V8. it makes about 240bhp. when new. 142,xxx miles later?? i bought a ton of parts for this. i just never put them on cause it didn't need the at the time. it comes with a full timing belt kit with water pump. and all the pulleys, rear control arm bushings, rear diff seals, front trans seals, a rebuild trans from a differnet car i owned, axles, rear tierods, front tierod ends, valve cover gaskets, knock sensors, distrubutor seals ( for when the timing belt gets done)front struts, and strut bushings and mount plates, rear struts and spring. when i bought the car i had money and time. so i bought a ton of stuff to restore the car so i could bring it to british invasion...now i have health problems and what little free time i have i don't want to spend under this car. i have 3600 invested in it. so the price is pretty firm. it runs great and drives straight.

Thats all she wrote. Please let me know what you think, and thanks...... John
Old 09-05-2014, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

75 views and No help???? I thought the point of joining a forum was to get help and help others, am I wrong here???
Old 09-05-2014, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Are you buying this car or selling it? I'm not totally clear on that. Audi World is a good forum but there is more going on QW. If you have never owned a V8 then I would be asking about what are the Cons of owning one. What are you looking for in a vehicle like this. The V8 is a luxury car with very limited possibilities for modding. The car was fast in it's day, but not so much now. There are some very nice examples that come up for sale at reasonable prices so I would not jump at the first one I found. There are some rare 5 speeds that come up for sale and may be more fun and work to own if you enjoy that 3rd pedal.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

Find an Abt chip for it, wakes it right up. BTDT.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default ABT Chip

Originally Posted by cuatrokoop
Find an Abt chip for it, wakes it right up. BTDT.
I need to get one of those, maybe next year or get it over the winter so I'm ready for next year.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey John, hate to say it, but even with all those parts installed, you may have a hard time finding someone willing to pay $3600. I paid $3500 for my mint 5-speed w/140K about 6 yrs ago. I sold a 1 owner(before I got it) rust free car with new belt/suspension/brakes/tune up stuff that was really clean for $2500 about a year or so ago, and that was only because a friend's son bought it(didn't get a lot of interest otherwise). I totally agree that they should be worth twice that, but the market just doesn't seem to feel the same way. Hope you find the right guy that's always wanted one, and want's to spend a bunch of time/energy disassembling it. Good luck, and sorry about your health problems.....Tom