QLCC stage 1 chipped 200 turbo Aut. Odd behavior (!??)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 11:52 PM
OMP
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default QLCC stage 1 chipped 200 turbo Aut. Odd behavior (!??)

So I finally got my chipped ECU ( 1.9 bar, 1.8 spring) installed after I bought it 3 years ago.
The engine went thru a complete build up a couple of years ago and all systems work perfectly ( mechanically speaking - Climate control still on the waiting list).
Anyhow, here is the thing UNTIL a couple of days ago.

Car is automatic with 3 speeds. MC11 ECU.
Boost came very slowly and not untill past 4000 I would see 1.4 on the std gage and then it would go all the way to 1.8 but on a hardish way ( not the electric like feel on theses engines with lack of vibrations - I do have what seems to be an internal, very small vibration, engine running a little rough but no clue where that can happen). Anyway, I would see 1.8 very up in the revs and pushing the car for that.

So, making some memory on the WGFV, I switched the vaccum/pressure hoses and WOW!!!!! Now, ( at this time I am writting) I donīt really recall if the set up as it is right now is the right one ( vaccum on top, pressure on the bottom) or I have, somehow, bypassed the WGFV set up.
Reality though is that BOY does it goes. At 3000 I will usually see 1.4 ( no full throttle) and from there all the way to 1.9 without worries ( still engine running a little hard), really, really fast.

Now, occasinally I am hitting some cut off at 1.9 if I see that on the computer for more than 3-4 seconds.

I have unplugged the WGFV connector to check behavior, and I do feel it is just a little les fast getting to full boost, but the change is minimal.

Other behavior that I have noriced is the following one. At times, when applying full throttle, boost will cilmb to 1.4 and "stay" there.......No more from there. Then if I release just a bit the throttle and apply it again, then it will climb to 1.9.....Is this normal? Any ideas?

And now for the questions:
- Why cut off am I hitting? Fuel or ignition? How can I know that?
- Why am I hitting a cut off? Isnīt the chipped ECU supposed to manage that? I have read around here that this happens to other members with same set-up ( 1.9 bar and 1.8 spring)
- Is my WGFV set up OK? or should it be like the set up I had ( switched vaccum and pressure)?

All ignition/fuel systems are all at 100%. New spark plugs, cables, fuel pump, fuel accumulator, fuel warm up regulator, and all that you could think of.

Thanks!!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have another ECU you can run? Even if it doesn't have any mods. How was the car running before the chip ? Anyway, until you figure it out, try not to rev it to get to that vibration in the engine, it could lead to something bad. Running another ECU could isolate the issue, that's pretty much all I can think of at this time