Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Other Audi > Audi 5000 / 200 / V8 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 212045

Default Rotors....

So I'm trying to upgrade the front brakes on my 1988 Audi 5000s. I have a parts 5000s Quattro which has the dual-piston calipers on the front, whereas my non-Quattro has only single piston calipers. The brackets and calipers fit fine on my car, but the rotors are too small. I can't take the rotors off of my parts car because they have a 5 lug bolt pattern, and my non-Quattro has only a four-lug. I need rotors that are 276x25mm, but with a four-lug bolt pattern. Does anyone know of any cars that have that kind of setup, or where I might look to find out?
applehugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 220156

could have the rotors redrilled for the correct bolt pattern.
Prospeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 212045

I don't think that would work. Only one of the holes would be correct, so I'd have to drill three other holes, and then would end up with a rotor with eight holes in it. Chances are at least one of the holes would partially overlap with a pre-existing hole as well. Doesn't sound too stable to me, unfortunately.
applehugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement