V8 Quattro EVO build

Old 08-24-2016, 12:08 PM
SRX
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my search for parts I came across this Polish company that is only one i know of that has a complete range of Poly Bushes in 2 different hardness Yellow Track & Red street

https://www.akmotorsport.net/product...y/audi/v8-d11/
Old 08-24-2016, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

They are the only company I've come across also. I have not purchased but saved them in my favorites for the future. Here's a used parts site that I have ordered once from and had good luck getting a couple small parts.

autewo GmbH Audi KFZ- & Teilehandel

Bob
Old 08-31-2016, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Unless they're gone, Powerflex USA had Urethane parts for the V8. A few yrs ago, they said they didn't have any V8 stuff in the US, but would ship from their place in Germany and would take 6 weeks or so. I know 2 people that have used their front swaybar bushings.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:44 PM
SRX
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by toml99
Unless they're gone, Powerflex USA had Urethane parts for the V8. A few yrs ago, they said they didn't have any V8 stuff in the US, but would ship from their place in Germany and would take 6 weeks or so. I know 2 people that have used their front swaybar bushings.
Powerflex UK site has about 40% of the V8 bushes with a few in Black Track grade.
Think will be easier even if more expensive to just buy the complete kit from AK Motorsport.

Video to follow soon, but this is where it stands today :-

ECS long studs on with 20mm spacers, Braided rear lines, (front are already braided), rotors deglazed / honed, system bleed.

The front Porsche Calipers are radial mount probably Boxster 993 996 type

Throttle body all cleaned up & linkage checked, Oil/Filter changed, Fuel filter looked old went to remove it and can see why, the encapsulated nut on the inlet was spinning around inside, I had to cut the filter apart so i could get a wrench on it to free it from the inlet hose union.

Car is now registered with nice new Black MT plate at extra cost but really looks good

Dash & Console is all apart waiting on Ignition, thats a lots of tedious work.

Need to check ECU see if it has a Chip ? rather then just buy it blind.

Later:-

In next couple weeks the Cats are coming off, stock front headers and factory cross-over X pipe then into 2.50" duals to a Flowmaster Delta muffler center exit in bumper, the spare wheel box is plastic I will remove it so i can have a diffuser, on the fence as wether or not exit exhaust in diffuser or above in bumper.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

If you need a chip, I have an Abt chip sitting on my nightstand. It was for my 3.6 going into my CoupeQ with factory wiring. I instead bought an ABH swapped Coupe with VEMS. So, I don't need the chip (or wiring harness, or extra distributors, or timing belt kit, or brand new Bosch plug wires, etc etc etc).
Old 09-09-2016, 04:01 AM
SRX
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cuatrokoop
If you need a chip, I have an Abt chip sitting on my nightstand. It was for my 3.6 going into my CoupeQ with factory wiring. I instead bought an ABH swapped Coupe with VEMS. So, I don't need the chip (or wiring harness, or extra distributors, or timing belt kit, or brand new Bosch plug wires, etc etc etc).
So PM me with best deal for everything. THX
Old 09-09-2016, 04:10 AM
SRX
Audiworld Junior Member

All back together for the time being, still waiting on key side of ignition lock, looks like it will push in through the front dash without having to even remove wood trim. Had the wheels balanced, yes i have 1 bent Borbet rim on a inside face & 1 out of balance, I took block of wood & hydraulic jack and jacked out probably 95% of the bend, so fingers crossed that will work until I can afford new set of wheels.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

It's good to see another Audi fan here in MT! I just put a nice black plate on my A8. We have some pretty nice plates to choose from. Good luck with your project!

Old 09-15-2016, 03:51 PM
SRX
Audiworld Junior Member

Ignition Key barrel assembly arrived from latvia total with shipping was about $22.00 pushed straight through wood trim into lock receiver, No More Screwdriver.
Backyard jacking of bent wheel worked pretty good, vibration is now minor annoying, I can live with it for little while until I afford set of new wheels & tires
Denso U grove Iridium plugs are now installed, from the plugs that came out, they are burning clean however 2 cyl's on drive side have indication of oil burning, ceramics all the same not bad for 243k miles.
Amsoil 75w/90 GL4 arrived, but looks bit of a job to access drain & filler plugs on the transaxle, have to remove exhaust X pipe and drivers side CV shield, time to remove the the Cats while there.