1991 audi 90 2.3 e automatic

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 audi 90 2.3 e automatic

Need some advice .I am thinking of buying this 1991 audi90 2.3 . The car is a bank reposession and has been stored in the depot for the past 3 years .It was towed away and does not have an ignition key .The driver and passenger doors are open and with a bit of luck I managed to crank the car over .It has a good ignition spark , the dashboard illuminates ,front and rear lights work also the fan and wipers .problem is cant get the engine to start .
Put new petrol in tank . wondered if it was the fuel pump the relay or a blown fuse .or the injection system or if there is an ignition code to ecu for this year of car .As i do not have a manual for the audi .
There is also a broken electrical connector at the rear of the rocker cover see pic .This car needs saving as its all original with only 49 thousand kilometers on the clock and the body and paintwork is sound . No rest or accident damage just a bit dusty .
any ideas how to get engine started ?
Attached Images    
Old 03-24-2016, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

that's a cool score, i think you are looking at the problem in picture #1. but you need to find where that wire is going to. If it's to the TPS sensor, then there is no way that car will start. also pull the codes.
p.s. i hope you replaced all the oils and air/fuel filters. Also, where the heck are you?
Old 03-24-2016, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well i now live in the philippines that,s where i found this car . This car is still for sale and as the ignition keys are missing need to hear it running before comitting myself to buy it .The fluids like you say will need changing but on inspection are good enough to start the car and make sure it goes forwards and backwards .I hot wired it and got it to crank over .When u sat pull the codes ,how do we do that ? I can remove the ignition barrel and have a key cut . cheers
Attached Images     
Old 03-24-2016, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

maybe someone can help you out with pulling the codes, as i dont know how to do that on a B3.... but the car looks mint
Old 03-25-2016, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

yes this car needs saving just covered in dust .A great find if i can get it started .going next week to see if i can take the ignition lock off and have a key cut .I talked to a locksmith and he says he can do that . I will also check where that broken connector goes to and if i can do a quick fix .I have a muktimeter so i can check currant and voltage . There is also an audi main dealer in Manila so failing all attempts will see how much the cost will be to fix as they have the codes and parts needed .here is the vin no so you can check out its history WAUZZZ8A7MA291475 . THERE ARE FREE SITES ON THE INTERNET CHEERS
Old 03-25-2016, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

The dealer should be able to get you a key based on the VIN number, maybe. I have had keys made for older Audi cars here in the USA. Don't know about a car made in 1991. The key may have to come from Germany.

That loose connection looks like it belongs attached to the throttle position switch, under the butterfly housing.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank s rusty i will check that out next week .if its the T P S i can get parts from the Uk as here in the Philippines there hard to find and mechanics here seem a little scared when it comes to Audis .

When i lived in The UK i bought a 1975 Audi 100 coupe S had it for 9 years wish i had never sold it .It never let me down and now a very rare car cheers
Old 03-26-2016, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Here's the procedure for pulling codes: Diagnostic Fault Codes
Old 03-30-2016, 07:15 AM
x19
AudiWorld Member

Hi, one key works other place such a doors and trunk and my suggestion is that remove the trunk key(cylinder) and bring to the Locksmith or place where they can make a key. Good luck. x19
Old 04-01-2016, 01:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi x19 . problem is the trunk is locked wondered if there was a interior trunk release , otherwise looks like removing a door lock

Quick Reply: 1991 audi 90 2.3 e automatic