code 00532 all I can do is guess atm

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 11:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code 00532 all I can do is guess atm

G'day folks, still got my '94 2.6 B4 Cabriolet, came up with an error code as in the title,

Little background yes its a transmission code that occurred while a family member was driving sustained highway speeds showed signs by the speedo not working over 60 km/h. I have driven the car only to the local and not experienced any fault yet.

Always been a bit lazy the old transmission, yes I know do a manual swap, but funds and practicality do not allow.

so the complete code was

00532 - supply voltage B+ 35-10 ----intermittent

Yes and after using the search on this site I have discovered that the transmission computer is not getting a constant 12 Volts so is playing up accordingly.

Q1. After tearing out the back seats and finding several ecu's all connected and hopefully operational, which one is the transmission ecu if at all I am warm not cold in my search ?

Q2. Any one else even experienced / solved this one before ?
Old 09-17-2016, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

I have not had that problem. The transmission ECU is on the driver's side footwell..left of the pedals.

The book says if you have low voltage and your battery is good..then check wires on ECU terminal 1 to 19 should have 12v.

Test terminal 1 to Ground (GND) for resistance..should be zero ohms.

Check wire on ECU terminal 19 for continuity with terminal 15 (battery power if the key was on running position) in fuse/relay panel (battery disconnected)..should be zero ohms. Should be 12v with battery connected..but do not plug or un-plug the ECU with the battery connected
Old 09-17-2016, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks to Grillage for the picture
Old 09-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You have been good to me in the past Rusty, thanks, Since my vehicle is an right hand drive, I guess I will look to the right of the pedals on the foot-well. I will look for it today.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Might not be on the right hand side on your car..or it may be..I don't know...good luck and post your results,
Old 09-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the good info Rusty still looking for now. Rained yesterday so I went for a longer drive and the speedo did not work at all at any speed.
Trying to find some time today .
Also found out that previously the battery had been drained and needed to be jump started. Since I was not there I am not sure if it was done correctly.
Drove again today using my phones gps as the speedo did not work again, today pulled no codes after clearing two days previously and the fault still being there.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

had some limited time to try to find the transmission ecu, got two photo's here of the left hand foot well. There is under carpet something like mdf wood at least 5mm thick covering something before the firewall. Could this be the ecu in question. I could not remove the thickly padded carpet enough to see the right hand side of the wood cover. So no confirmation yet of its existence in this zone.

First picture is of the area in question, second is an attempt to get the numbers on the wood.
Attached Images   
Old 09-19-2016, 01:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default found something alike an ecu

As pictured is a set of plugs into an ecu found after removal of glove box, wood and other brackets.

This ecu has a yellow(beige), red and black (larger) and a vacuum hose going to it. Can any one confirm this is the transmission ecu please.

I have disconnected the battery on both terminals and presently attempting to angle or slide the ecu down from behind the air box fan assembly. Access is tight and my back is sore..
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-2016, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That looks like an engine ECU..I can not imagine why there is a vacuum hose on it...let me look around and see what I can find..on ebay there is a transmission ECU for a 2.6..see if you have something that looks like this?
Audi 80 Cabriolet 2 6 ABC Automatic Gearbox ECU 01N 927 733 AP Audi Coupe V6 | eBay

Last edited by Rusty Spokes; 09-19-2016 at 04:22 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default must be behind the back seat?

After looking under the steering wheel foot well again I think this picture is of the motor ecu. The vacuum line may be part of the security system and the control unit ecu be part of that. Unless its the cruise control computer?
Speculation previous.

I when the weather is not looking threatening re look for the Simen's ecu for the transmission ecu at the back of the rear seat.

Any other suggestion please..
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: code 00532 all I can do is guess atm