code 00532 all I can do is guess atm

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 10:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since my error code has gone with the speedo still not working I am still investigating.

I remembered today that the main 60 Amp fuse under the steering wheel has two red and a red black going to another set of fuses in which the other day I reconnected as one had popped out. As pictured:

Could this be the intermittant B+ to ecu as the fuse was half to three quarters out. One of that is.

I have replaced the fuse in under the hood as the instrument and various sensors 15 Amp number 12 I think it was.
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2016, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

http://12v.org/urs/1996_Audi_Cabriol...g_Diagrams.pdf

On page three of the wiring diagram it shows a fuse #4 powers 12v to a red/blue wire to the transmission ECU..on pin 45 (not on pin 19, what the books says..but the Bentley has been wrong in the past)

Your ground wire from ECU pin 1 goes to the intake manifold..that cluster of grounds you usually can see on the RH side under the plastic engine cover..maybe they are loose or dirty?

The grounds for the instrument cluster look like they are on the left side , under the front of the car (G202). Power 12v is direct from the ignition switch (be sure your switch is good..a problem part in the past) and fuse 4 and 12. Those fuses may not be under the hood of the car but behind the footwell.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default PCB of the Cluster

Hi again , the second time I disassembled the instrument cluster I stumbled upon a crack at the corner of the fuel gauge, in the PCB board.

Trying to repair the board along these lines should have been simple and quick although my poor equipment made sure it took several hours since the soldering iron only gets hot on one part of the point up from the tip..

After soldering and de-soldering I tested continuity with a multi-meter and it should work fingers crossed for tomorrow am.

Its not a VDO board so from what I have read it may be a hitachi but with little labeling apart from the Audi rings I don't know but it is different from the guide for a VDO cluster to disassemble.
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2016, 12:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sorted

After getting new bulbs on the instrument cluster installed and tested on the bench as working I reinstalled and still no speedo.

Looked at the dam VSS plug to get it out ( the VSS ) and looked like a jacking job. So I took a short cut by just removing the plug which was corroded by winter water as were the pins on the VSS sprayed with CRC type fluid and good as new, the speedometer works fine..

So the old corroded pins on a connector joby, fixed now.