any aftermarket suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any aftermarket suspension?

So it seems to be that the 80/90 quattro's are a rare breed of the older audi's. Or I'm just an old man who can't search right lol. I'm trying to find lowering/lifting components for my 88 90 Quattro. I'd like to have a stiff ground hugging perfect for the mountain curves suspension for the summer,then be able to swap out to a lifted suspension for winters. Seems all I can find are HnR lowering springs, and I can't stand their products let alone their customer service. Are their any companies left that make anything for my car or are there any other models who's suspension will work on this car? I mean i guess I could always just do a factory resto on it and sell it. I hate to think I wasted my money on this car. If I missed anything in my searches I apologize for the repeat topic.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

howdy there, here in the states we have these guys 2Bennett Audimotive kinda pricy.
but their coilover kit is supposed to be excellent. you can also order just springs from them and make your own coilovers.
or you can look in to KW suspension, but i don't know of a distributor here in the states
on my B4 im running a set of B&G springs with bilsteins all around and im loving it. but im not swapping the suspension in and out
Old 06-24-2015, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used KW on mine. I've tried, 2bennetts, i've tried home made coil overs, i've tried H&R with bilsteins. KW is the onlything i would recommend.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok so I'll start a search for used kW suspension. What was your experience with the HnR and bilstens?
Old 06-29-2015, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the H&R and bilstiens the ride height was better, but the actual ride was annoying, speed bumpers were aweful, just not what i expected with all brand new suspension.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've decided that if I ever get the car back I'll get the coilovers. When I seen the car from the underside for the first time I was like nope only doing this once lol. Right now its at a Audi repair shop. It died after 80 miles, and seem to be the 30 year old parts said they were done. Lol hopefully it's not expensive to get running again. If it is I'll have to sell it. so hoping for the best.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CRAZY_RUSSIAN
howdy there, here in the states we have these guys 2Bennett Audimotive kinda pricy.
but their coilover kit is supposed to be excellent. you can also order just springs from them and make your own coilovers.
or you can look in to KW suspension, but i don't know of a distributor here in the states
on my B4 im running a set of B&G springs with bilsteins all around and im loving it. but im not swapping the suspension in and out
The guy who is working on my car suggested the bilsteins and some lowering springs and not coilovers. Do you have a pic of your car so I can see how low it is? What size wheels are you running on yours? I figure some good snow tyres and I should be fine lol. Buying a jeep for the bad weather lol
Old 10-03-2015, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ill snap a picture sometimes today, i have a set of 15" with snow tires and a set of 17" with all seasons. I'm running a set of these on the rear https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...odClar=Quattro which gives me a height adjustability.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

the one that's slightly higher is the back end, which i need to actually drop one clip on the rear shocks to make it leveled.
Attached Images   
Old 10-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CRAZY_RUSSIAN
the one that's slightly higher is the back end, which i need to actually drop one clip on the rear shocks to make it leveled.
Not bad!! I might find a spring that's just a bit lower. But I see u have ur winters on too.

Quick Reply: any aftermarket suspension?