Audi Cabriolet at the PAP in Norcross Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Audi Cabriolet at the PAP in Norcross Georgia

Not in bad shape. Got a headlamp and battery cover for my car.

Interior seats were a mess..all the switches, radio and interior looked good. Top and headliner were in excellent condition except the rear window.

All the taillights were very good..no key for opening the trunk.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are the switches the ones that accept LEDs? if so, im interested i would pull the tail lights, someone will want them!
Old 01-28-2015, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Don't know about the switches..and the trunk is locked..any clues on how to get the truck open without damaging the right side lens?
Old 01-28-2015, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

unfortunately i don't know on the trunk. do the rear seats fold down or could they be removed to access the trunk?
what year is the cab? i think they did removable bulbs in the switches in 97ish...
Old 01-29-2015, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might be able to suck/blow the right green hose coming off of the lock pump. I can't remember where it is on the cabriolet. I know on my S6 it was under the back seat.

Also make sure the car doesn't think the top is in the process of being opened. if it's all the way closed you're likely okay there.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The car is a 1996 model
Old 01-29-2015, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think if you remove the backrest of the rear seat, you can get to the wiring of the trunk lid and then open it. Its on the passanger side. Also it can be reached from under the carpet of the roof lid cover from the passanger side. Over there is the hydraulic pump lines and the wiring I think
Old 02-19-2015, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rusty Spokes
Don't know about the switches..and the trunk is locked..any clues on how to get the truck open without damaging the right side lens?
I had the same issue with my 94 Cab. The way I got it open was attaching a socket onto a metal bar and removing the two inner bolts that hold the lock to the trunk lid. Once the lock was a bit lose from the trunk lid, I took a sharp knife and cut a small square on the bottom lip of plastic cover that was bolted to the lock, this gave me access to the hydraulic locking mechanism pin (there is a hydraulic actuator that attaches to the lock and is most likely the issue, could be ceased), I pushed the pin out and then used screw driver to pry open the lock and then I gave it a few pulls up from outside the trunk and the whole trunk opened. The lid opened with locking mechanism attached to the bottom of the trunk. It took about 2 hours since working through a small hole with a crappy flash light is a pain. Once you get it open I would spray the actuator with some WD40 and work the hydraulic actuator to get it to work nice and smooth. Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Got into the trunk. Took the plastic licence plate holder off and drilled with a 1" hole saw through the metal at about 5 o'clock and an couple of inches up in the trunk lid. Grabbed the metal rod from the trunk lock with some needle nose pliers moved it sideways and popped the trunk open.

I would not do that on any other road car..but this thing is going to the crusher anyways.

Tail lamps were not in good shape..looks like they had been in the sun and faded with small cracks..

Did get the CD player with all the brackets out of the trunk for $25..don't know if it works.

Removed the CD cassette with a plastic credit card trick and anyone that wants "The best of Tracy Lawrence " "Diana Ross & the Supremes Anthology 1+2" or "The Eagles, the best of 1+2" let me know.

I'm keeping the CCR Chronicle CD.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the same with another cabrio - I ended up with 2 cd players and sold one of them
By the way, yesterday I picked up a few parts from La grange NC and an awful condition cabriolet with lock trunk. I found another way to open the lock trunk.

and then undo the two 10mm bolts from inside thah hold the hood lock

The cabrio that I found was with cutted with grinder soft top and the interior was mess... the seats were from the rare kind rollover protection but.. in bad bad condition