Booklet and wiring diagram Audi 80

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Booklet and wiring diagram Audi 80

Hi, I've an electrical problem on my Audi 80 1.8E 82 KW (B3) 1990. For this reason I'm looking to the wiring diagram and booklet WSP-521-151-00. Is there any dear friend who can help me find them?

Math.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi.
I try to describe the damage, hoping that some friends had the same experience so I can help you resolve it.
When operating a power outage occurs that causes engine shutdown.
I found that while the damage the fuel pump is not fed, because the relay number 10 of the fuse panel (Relay no. 264, part number: 443 907 385 G) does not receive the ground signal generated by the electronic circuit contained in the same container Relay n. 264.
Often simply wait a few minutes and damage resolves on its own, but it happened that sometimes I had to wait several hours.
I tried to replace the relay, but the fault has not been removed.
Previously, a mechanic of a workshop I replaced the switching device installed in the vehicle, the front left side to the level of the floor, with negative results.
When you present the fault I found that the line power supply L30, L15 and X are present because all utilities (horn, windscreen wipers, direction indicators, position lights, lights lights, etc ...) all work. the only indication that you see when the damage occurs is the tachometer, which marks zero instantly.
The audi car service in my town did not accept for repair my car, because it was too old and I do not know what to do to remove the fault.
What I suggest we do?
Greetings to all the forum.

P.S .: Sorry for my bad English.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Fueling?

Hi Avi,

I have never had this particular issue but perhaps someone else here has, and can say what the fault and fix was. Perhaps the wiring is not too different from any 1990 90?

To review:

a.) Your engine dies while you are driving; and restarting is not always possible without simply waiting, correct?

b.) Your only other indication that something is wrong is that each time the problem presents, the tach immediately falls to zero, correct?

c.) While the engine still does not re-start, the fuel pump is not receiving power, correct?

Questions:

1.) Do you have a standard transmission?

2.) When the tach goes to zero, is the engine turning?

3.) While the engine will not start, do you then have spark; and can you jump the relay and force the pump to run?
Old 08-31-2015, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Blue Lake.
I thank you for answering me and dedicated your time. You've been very kind.

I answer you questions:

a.) Yes, correct. I add that sometimes, when the vehicle goes off and I turn on the emergency lane to stop, listening re-start the fuel pump and the engine resume to work and go on the trip.

b.) Yes, correct.

c.) Yes, correct.

Q: "...Perhaps the wiring is not too different from any 1990 90?"

R: Unfortunately I don't know the wiring of two Audi (80 and 90) and I can't tell if they are different.

Q: "1.) Do you have a standard transmission?"

R: Yes, with M/T. 5-speed. However, the problem occurs even with the vehicle stationary with throttle greater than 3,000 rpm.

Q: "2.) When the tach goes to zero, is the engine turning?"

R: Yes.

Q: "3.) While the engine will not start, do you then have spark?

R: This condition I could not verify it. The next time you present the problem, I will verify.

Q: "3.) ...and can you jump the relay and force the pump to run?

R: This solution I had not thought !!! The next time you present the problem, I will do it.

Thanks again. I will keep you informed.

Bye, Bye.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Engine quits while driving, but why?

Hi Avi,

a.) The reason I ask about if the engine was still turning over (driven now by the manual transmission, even while the car is still moving) exactly when the tach indicates zero rpm is that these two events should not occur together, unless there is an electrical issue, possibly involving the ignition.

b.) If your engine still cranks while the problem is occurring, perhaps you next need to determine if you have both fuel and spark.

c.) Have a look at this this old thread:

I can't post link to the above, meanwhile try searching for "Mystery engine dying
1991 90 I5" on this forum.

(Sorry, poor forum functionality prevents me from. Editing my english. )correctly

Last edited by Lago Blue; 09-01-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Lago Blue,

a.) As soon as the problem occurs, simultaneously and instantly the tach indicates zero rpm and the engine shuts down (but driven now by the manual transmission, even while the car is still moving), probably due to lack of fuel due to the deactivation of relay no. 264.
Probably it happens just like you say for an electrical problem.
That's why I'm looking for the wiring diagram.
I could find on the internet a wiring diagram, but I'm not sure that is the wiring diagram of my audi 80. I would like you to see it, but I do not know how to send it.
By analyzing the circuit diagram it appears that the Motronic Control Unit generates the signal for the tach and the signal to the relay n. 264 both.
Motronic Control Unit, in its turn, receives from the ignition distributor (Hall Generator) signal which indicates that the crankshaft is rotating.
I suspect that the problem may be in the ignition distributor where reside moving mechanical parts.
As you know, the mechanical components break more easily than electronic components, but do not know how to verify that the Hall generator generates the right signal to the Motronic Control Unit.

I still can't find the old thread.
I will continue to look for her.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default How I get to that old thread....

As follows:

a.) Press "search this forum";
b.) Press "advanced search";
c.) Type in "mystery engine dying" in the search for keywords box;
d.) Press to select "search titles only";
e.) Type in "yucatanaudi" as the author's user name ; &
f.) Press enter

See post #6 & 7 in thread.:

Question: Do you know how to pull diagnostic codes. from. the. vehicle. ?

Last edited by Lago Blue; 09-01-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Lago Blue,
I found the discussion.
So the cause of the problem may be the Hall genarator.
Today it happened again the problem, but I had not installed the switch would have to give ground to relay no. 264 and force the power to the fuel pump.
I did not even have time to see if this was the spark to the spark plugs.
I concentrated to see what was going on the instrument panel.
When the engine is off and the tachometer reads zero, traveling on the highway at a speed of 120 km/h (75 mph) tachometer marked approximately 3,200 rpm.
Do not touch anything, active turn signal right and do slow the car to the emergency line.
With 5 gear, let the car slow down by itself.
The clutch and brake pedals I try not to use them.
Shortly before stopping, the car performs small jolts due to the fifth gear set and listening to sound a buzzer that ends after the car stops.
Ignition switch has not been touched and I check on the instrument panel warning lights. It all works: horn, lights, wipers, turn signal, parking brake indicator, motor ventilation, etc ...

After about 20 seconds, I decided to go out the car for verify the presence of spark to the spark plugs (my son was with me and he tried to turn the key of the power switch).
Suddenly I hear for about 1 second fuel pump and simultaneously the tachometer indicates 1,000 rpm.
This indication wonder !!!
The motor is stopped and turned off, the ignition distributor is stopped and the Hall generator too.
Why the tachometer indicated 1,000 rpm for a second?
Mystery.
I try to start the engine and the engine starts.
I continue my trip at low speed (80 km / h) and my audi 80 takes me home.
Question: Can the Hall generator stationary generate signals for the Motronic Control Unit to indicate 1,000 RPM with the engine off?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Engine dies while above 3k rpm and re-starting sometimes delayed...

Perhaps do the following easy things first:

a,) Pull the diagnostic codes (see procedure at 12v.org); &

b.) Replace ignition switch , if it has not been done very recently (electrical portion only, purchase only genuine Audi item at Audi dealer, see procedure by forum search.).

Question: Was the tach. Indicating engine. rpm. at. problem onset. (while vehicle slowing down in gear) a behaviour different from previous occasions?

Last edited by Lago Blue; 09-05-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Lago Blue,

a.) I found the procedure to pull the diagnostic codes. As soon as the fault will occur again execute the procedure.

b.) About the ignition switch, last year the Audi Service replaced it entirely because it was broken mechanical portion and after some time began to introduce this problem. Set the switch to "off" and then to "on" position the failure disappeared.
Audi Service staff said that the switch being a remnant of inventory could have formed a bit of dust on the contacts and after some time the defect would disappear.
In fact, the problem now presents itself in a different way and have not given the cause of the problem at switch.
I will ask explanations Audi Service.

c.) The instrument indicating zero value is the tachometer (rpm gauge).

Quick Reply: Booklet and wiring diagram Audi 80