headlight and key buzzer dinger reminder thing

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 06:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight and key buzzer dinger reminder thing

I've searched the web trying to figure out why my 90 won't tell me I left the lights on. I understand it's my responsibility but it would be nice if my audi had my back. sometimes I like to show off the parking lights or use the headlights on a foggy day so the other *******s will see me and not bump my sexy Quattro. and I can't tell the dashlights are on during the daytime so I forget. I saw someone said somewhere there was a screw or something on the back of the instrument cluster, I guess that was a joke because I did it to me and well I didn't see a screw, also i saw a pick of an audi relay for it but I haven't seen one for my car. when I got it I had broken door jam switches and I just fixed them so I can resolve this issue and all it's done is make my alarm work better. anyone who has knowledge on this subject please share it
Old 04-01-2015, 07:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rn4thbrdr14
I've searched the web trying to figure out why my 90 won't tell me I left the lights on. I understand it's my responsibility but it would be nice if my audi had my back. sometimes I like to show off the parking lights or use the headlights on a foggy day so the other *******s will see me and not bump my sexy Quattro. and I can't tell the dashlights are on during the daytime so I forget. I saw someone said somewhere there was a screw or something on the back of the instrument cluster, I guess that was a joke because I did it to me and well I didn't see a screw, also i saw a pick of an audi relay for it but I haven't seen one for my car. when I got it I had broken door jam switches and I just fixed them so I can resolve this issue and all it's done is make my alarm work better. anyone who has knowledge on this subject please share it
bump? any input??
Old 04-05-2015, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had this problem with our cabriolet. Wife left lights on whilst shopping & I even left them on myself at home once. I fitted a cheap buzzer (about £1.99 from memory) from ebay under the dash. Took a long time to find a wire that went live with the lights on but found it & connected 1 wire from the buzzer to it & the other to the earth wire on the drivers door switch. Had to remove the whole back seat as I recall to remove the rear quarter interior trim panel to gain access to the door switch. A lot of hassle for a buzzer but we don't leave the lights on any more!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well there is a gong relay under the dash [12] and the actual speaker is behind the cluster. Either the relays are shot or the speaker is.

Last edited by egp320i; 04-08-2015 at 09:37 PM.