Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Other Audi > Audi 90 / 80 / Coupe quattro / Cabriolet Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 266962

Default lower control arm

i am wondering how i instal my lower control arm already have the bushings in and the bolts put thru them and hand tightened now i am wondering how i am supposed to install the lower part, i am told i am not to tighten the 3 control arm bolts with the tires not on the ground so i have my car on stands already so i am wondering how i am supposed to tighten them on the stands without damaging anything
audisleep90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 266962

'93 audi 90 cs quattro 2.8l j-aah pearl white
audisleep90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 42821

Quote:
Originally Posted by audisleep90 View Post
i am wondering how i instal my lower control arm already have the bushings in and the bolts put thru them and hand tightened now i am wondering how i am supposed to install the lower part, i am told i am not to tighten the 3 control arm bolts with the tires not on the ground so i have my car on stands already so i am wondering how i am supposed to tighten them on the stands without damaging anything
That is one heck of a run on sentence. Hard to read. You want to know how to tighten the bolts, while still up on jackstands? What is preventing you from putting the car on the ground?

If you have your heart set on doing it up in the air, I have used a bottle jack to lift the wheel end of the control arm to normal driving position, then tighten those bolts through the bushings.

'00 A4 Avant 2.8 MT
'01 A4 Q 1.8T
'95 90 Quattro Sport - PA Classic Car
'97 A4 Q 2.8
'00 A6 2.7T
'93 90S FWD (sold)
'88 90Q (sold)
'90 20v 90Q (sold)
Bruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8