Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Parting moded 2.8L V6 12V

Swapping a 4.2 S8-D2 in so this one has to go.. the details:

Block '97 A4 100k miles: SOLD

283 cat cams: SOLD

Gasket match Heads with AAH cams, lightweight lifters and high tension valve springs: SOLD

Plastic valve covers: SOLD

Alu valve covers with new gaskets: SOLD

Headers for A4 fitted on the B4 with front 2.5" exhaust fitings: SOLD

Intake fanifold with brand new ICV and 034 adjustable 3 to 5.5bar fuel regulator, fuel ramp and bottom with heat shield: 200$ shipped

Throttle oversize(needs TPMS adjustment) with Cobra head, 034 oversize intake, deshrouded MAF and cool blue air filter(like k&n): SOLD

Snub mount eurethane 034 for A4 fitted to B4: SOLD

Power steering pump: 100$ shipped

Rebuilt starter with no more than 1000miles on it: 100$ shipped

Alex
Direct contact cell/text: 418-999-6275

Open to offers!!!

Last edited by 90SQ; 11-02-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interested in headers)))) price?
Old 11-24-2014, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CRAZY_RUSSIAN
interested in headers)))) price?
Paid 1000$ + shipping + B4 fitting(2500$ total). Will sell 1000$ + shipping with parts of exhaust you need.

With the cams the car sounded like a V8(harley)...really nice!!! ;p
Old 11-24-2014, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

thats out of my price range unfortunately, sorry (just became a full time student, so things are tight)
the cams that you have in that motor? are those eurospec cams? or what are they?
Old 11-25-2014, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

thats out of my price range unfortunately, sorry (just became a full time student, so things are tight)
the cams that you have in that motor? are those eurospec cams? or what are they?
I understand, i know i'm not giving them away and sorry to say i wont...i had enough trouble finding and moding them to fit....

Cams are CatCams # 100 34 24

Fast Road, Rally, Race & Turbo Camshafts for Audi 2.6L 12v V6 Engines
Old 11-25-2014, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 90SQ
I understand, i know i'm not giving them away and sorry to say i wont...i had enough trouble finding and moding them to fit....

Cams are CatCams # 100 34 24

Fast Road, Rally, Race & Turbo Camshafts for Audi 2.6L 12v V6 Engines
that understandable as well
and 2.7mm of lift... holly crap) stock pistons clear that? how does it drive? where did the power band shift to? i may have to save up for those suckers for my new set of heads. Ive built a brand new set of heads with 7mm swirl polished valves, light lifters and dual higher tension springs, was gonna use AAH cams, but these are much more appealing cams.
sorry for highjacking the thread, it's just that i don't find too many people that build up their 12V's motors and i would love to pick your brain. btw, did you post this on motorgeek and QW as well?
Old 11-25-2014, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

that understandable as well
and 2.7mm of lift... holly crap) stock pistons clear that? how does it drive? where did the power band shift to? i may have to save up for those suckers for my new set of heads. Ive built a brand new set of heads with 7mm swirl polished valves, light lifters and dual higher tension springs, was gonna use AAH cams, but these are much more appealing cams.
sorry for highjacking the thread, it's just that i don't find too many people that build up their 12V's motors and i would love to pick your brain. btw, did you post this on motorgeek and QW as well?
Yeah alot of lift, had to grind the heads lifter holes so the cams could pass ;p but they do clear stock pistons. Heads have light weight lifters and dual high tension springs; with the lift the cams have you kinda dont have a choice. You want those succurs to come up as fast as possible!!!

I have a set of AAH if you know anybody.

Power band shifted to around 2800rpm and up...really nice upgrade

I know NOBODY mods these motors and it took me a while to finds everything i did for it. Did'nt put it on motorgeek or QW yet. You think i should?
Old 11-25-2014, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

i would highly recommend posting on there, they get more traffic.
with my setup i shaved off 330 grams from the valve train, and i didn't count the weight of the valves, going from 8mm to 7mm valve stems probably took off another 10 grams and improved flow

i may have to try to get those cams before i take the heads to get resurfaced
what ECU did you run?
did you ever get a chance to dino it?
p.s. where did you order these cams form?

Last edited by CRAZY_RUSSIAN; 11-25-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, i'll post there asap.

Ran stock ecu, was at the point on swapping to mms200 and chip with 034 but smashed S8 was to good a deal to pass up so...;p

I was running headers with cams, gasket match/ported heads and intake, oversize TB with cobra head and oversize intake tune on deshrouded MAF, all alu front pulleys with A/C delete and Alu 9.5 lbs flywheel...best set up i found for this motor. EGR and PCV delete...5.0 bar adjustable fuel pressur regulator(o34) adjusted at 5.0bar with unpluged vacuum so 5.5bar and at the end i was running a bit lean. Unfortunatly i never got time to dino it but i can estimate close to 200hp.

If you have'nt yet, 034 eurethan bushings and front mount and tranny 034 mounts REALLY did a diff.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

nice i bet you could of gotn a bit more with the IM workshop (on my to do list)
i got an MMS-200 in my with the 034 RIPchip, also got VAPs air box and deshrouded MAF with a post delete, also have VAP's TB and silicone intake hoses waiting to be installed. i already upgraded my trans mounts and derling a-arm bushings and aluminum subframe mounts... now i just wish 034 would bring their B4 12v V6 engine mounts back.
what did you do for the engine mounts?

Quick Reply: MODED 12V up for grabs