My Cabriolets - passion to own

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 04:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gag4o
I put the Nardi steering wheel that I wanted so much and ...I love it now.
The whole package looks awesome. Nice job.

If you are thinking of selling the stock steering wheel, contact me. I'm looking for a 3 spoke for my cab.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No, I will not sell it, sorry. You can find one easy. There was somebody a few days ago selling same steering wheel for $160 I think with the airbag.
Crazy_russian - wait ..its not time yet
I need to figure out how to do it
Old 07-06-2015, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

drop it off at my place and come back in about 2-3 weeks, ill have your motor done and a manual swapped in ;-)
Old 07-21-2015, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 1996 Audi Cabriolet

Hello. Does anyone know a cheaper way to replace the command and control module? The dealer says the part has to come direct from German and is $3000.00! My convertible top pump also keeps dumping fluid into my trunk after being refilled. My white 96 only has 29k original miles on it, but needs some high dollar repair. Awesome condition, pearl white with blue top all original. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-22-2015, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

^^ Just buyone from junkyard or from internet...

I have a little bit of an update on my cabriolet.
I managed to purchase an OEM Recaro seats for cabriolet from Europe and ship them to here.
They were in great shape but they were grey color. SO I redeyd them in the "Wienrot" color of the interior.

Also I had a nice little cabriolet meeting with one of the guru's here ...
Looks like he has a great example of our kind

Old 08-22-2015, 09:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Amazing job on the seats!

I'm guessing the other one is Rusty's? And did I miss the post where you got a hard top shipped over? Just one?
If there's a source, I may be interested. My canvas top is in good shape but making the new rear window watertight again will require removal of the top, or a new top. Since it only rains in the winter here(we NEVER get a surprise shower, rain is very boringly predictable), the cost a hardtop may be a viable option.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks..
Actually the hardtop was shipped awhile ago but I didnt post it yet. I need to repaint it in the car color.
SHipping this thing was major pain in the *utt...
SInce its so huge, and the package was even bigger noone wants to ship it, so I ended up importing to Bulgaria (which wasnt that hard since its my homecountry) but then from there I needed to put it incontainer for shipping cars and good with ship. I have a friend of mine who import foods and different goods in USA, so he imported it for me...
It wasnt worth it I think for the warm and not very often raining and never snowing climate but after all I have it anyway... so I am enjoying it.
Mine is the Audi factory hardtop, I love the way the rear window (yes its glass...wohoo) goes all the way down to the trunk lid. I didnt like the way Weissman and other aftermarket hardtop look like...
I even bought a crain for this thing Org Audi 80 B4 Cabrio Hardtop Deckenlift 8G0071290 Deckenkran Hardtophalterung | eBay

and yes, Baumaister you are right, this is Rusty's car

Here is a pick of the dark blue matallic

Old 08-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ah, I was holding out hope that you found and shipped 2...and selling one to offset the cost!
Do you have the defroster grid powered?

For me, my current thought is I will eventually remove the top fabric and have it re-sewn. My canvas is in very good shape, it's the stitching that is failing. If I remove it myself, I have a local upholstery guy I've used before that will re-stitch all the seams for $100, and then I'll still have the zip-in rear window. But its very tempting to just have him put on a new canvas top for $1800.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

My soft top was just changed from red to black one month before I bought the car back then. The soft top itself is around $5-700 for the best quality material but the labor was $1000+ so if you can do it by
Y yourself better buy a new one with new window ...
On my second Cabriolet the window was changed and even if was new ..it can never look like the one that was on the soft top when new.
Also I've seen soft tops with stiching on the top...which I don't know why...usually it shouldn't have them...
Old 08-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm stuck on the idea of retaining the stock top with the zip out window, if possible. Even the best of aftermarket tops have sewn-in windows.

There is stitching on all canvas soft tops. It's not as noticeable when new as the thread is color matched to the top. But the thread loses its dye faster and then appears white. Across the top there is stitching at the rails,to another piece of fabric underneath which is then glued to the top rails to secure it from buffeting.

Quick Reply: My Cabriolets - passion to own