New owner: Audi 1994 Cabrio

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, there is no window at all? I replaced mine with one I found in a junkyard. Try car-part.com
Old 05-02-2015, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The tops here are cheaper than in Europe...twice as cheap for the same quality when you put the shipping. I will find you a link soon but a brand new one starts from $395 I think and a decent one is $495 as I remember. THe labor for putting it is a lot, but you can try to do it yourself..

THe interior you have is great. I have seen a few of those black interiors only that look like new and have not a wrinkle at all... and for some reason those "no wrinkle" interiors Ive seen are only black
A few days ago I got an original brochure for cabriolet color and interior/roof options and its awesome.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did not know that about the tops, thats why you and Nick are my cab guys ))
Old 05-03-2015, 05:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CRAZY_RUSSIAN
got an update from my friend.
eibach e1518-240. 20 mm drop. Fit only cabriolets. 350 + shipping. Brand new in box
if your interested, let me know and ill get you in touch with my friend.
car looks good man, keep it up, you might be able to get a new top from europe, from what i know, they are not that expensive... or google some info on repairing that hole, there is got to be a way
p.s. when are you converting it to a manual? :-D
Thanks, looks like there are few set floating around online as well. Do you know what shocks would work with them? Because stock shocks are probably not meant to handle that spring rate.

I plan on patching that hole for the time being and then rigging something up for the rear window. Grillage, I'll check out the site too.

Placed an order on FCPeuro yesterday...so lots of maintenance goodies are headed this way.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is anyone able to get relatively reasonable euro parts here? Found this eibach pro-kit which would great on our cars. B12 Pro-Kit AUDI Cabrio (Typ 89, 8G7, B4) / Cabrio 11.92 - 08.0, Eibach-Shop.com
Old 05-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by grillage
Wow, there is no window at all? I replaced mine with one I found in a junkyard. Try car-part.com
Do you think this will work? Audi 80 90 Cabriolet Convertible Zip-In Rear Window
Old 05-03-2015, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Search the archives here about that window. I feel like they leak.

I bought a whole new top fro a JY. That might be he best way to go. Mine was a recent replacement from Audi is like new. You might get lucky like I did. According to car-part.com there are a few nearby including one in Walton KY for $100
Old 05-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What did you search on car-part I couldn't find a category for the top or rear window.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1992 thru 2000 Audi Cabriolet, Cabrio 80

1992-98 Audi Cabriolet Convertible Tops and Convertible Top Parts

http://www.autoberry.com/audi/cabrio...-top-cabriolet
Old 05-03-2015, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by doucy2
Thanks, looks like there are few set floating around online as well. Do you know what shocks would work with them? Because stock shocks are probably not meant to handle that spring rate.
you have to find a set of bilsteins or koni shocks that work. I'm not a fan of Koni shocks, so i dont know what they have available. on bilsteins, from what i remember, touring shocks will not work, i think the next step is something like B6 series, and those are the H.D's and per bilstein, those are not designed for dropped springs, but some people say that they do work. you need the next series shocks which is sports (cant remember their designation) and those will work for certain. also, the front shock inserts (at least to my knowledge) are identical on all B4's.

Quick Reply: New owner: Audi 1994 Cabrio