Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This black Audi A4 B8 came by to have me black out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim that came with his car. The owner of this car was also around in Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. In the before pictures, you can see my X5 in the background with black window trim, so that may also kind of give you an idea of how chrome and non chrome window trim looks like side by side on black cars. For this car, we went with my gloss black vinyl material over the matte black material and I think it turned out fairly nice. The car had a metallic finish to it, so the gloss black still stood out against it even though it was gloss black as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor

Here is a brand new white Audi B8 A4 that I blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black material. The owner of this car went with gloss black over the matte black so it'd blend in with his tinted windows. The chrome is a small detail, but even on a lighter colored car like this white Audi, it still makes an immense difference in the overall look of the car. I believe the owner of this car was from around Orange County or Los Angeles. The gloss black window trim makes the car look sportier and classy at the same time, without ruining the factory look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-21-2014, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor

The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum trim on his A6/S6. I had previously done his S4 as well. We went with the matte black for the trim, which I think goes well with the more modified look of the car. The matte also blended well with the rubber/weather trim that runs around along the window trims as well. It worked out that the owner of this car was able to come back another day for me to take pictures of it in the sun light, so now you guys have an idea of how the wrapped trim looks like in dim vs bright lighting.

The blacked out trim looks good on all colors of cars, in my opinion, and it really cleans up the sides of the car fairly well. Gives the car a more sporty look without looking too modified. It looks as if it came from the factory like this.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Former Vendor

I always enjoy getting new cars that have just come out coming by to get vinyl work done. It's like the dealership's showroom is coming to me, instead of me going to it, haha. I had this gray/silver new Audi A7 come by to have me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with a matte black finish, which gave it a very nice touch. Matte black was definitely a good choice over gloss black for this car and color combo imo. I wish I had taken some before pictures of this car, to show the before/after, since the chrome dominated such a large area on this car. However, I think I forgot my camera that day or it ran out of batteries. Luckily the owner of this car lived down the street from me in Irvine, so I dropped by to take these pictures and did some vinyl stuff for him at the same time.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Former Vendor

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 10-15-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Former Vendor

For some reason I get more black Audis than anything else. The owner of this black Audi B8 S4 sedan had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim in my matte black finish vinyl material. With the matte black finish, for a black car, it gives the trim more of a contrast versus gloss black, which would just blend in with the finish/paint of the already black car. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor

The owner of this new white Audi A6 had me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on the car in my gloss black vinyl material. I think the gloss black finish went fairly well with the car and changed the look of the car completely, even for such for it being a relatively simple and small piece. He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Former Vendor

For this white Audi A4 B8 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the roof, I also blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, but with my matte black vinyl materials instead of the gloss black for those pieces. The gloss black roof really gave the car a sportier look without making it look too modified or aftermarket. It looks like as if it is something that could have came from the factory like this. The owner of the car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from Los Angeles to get the vinyl work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor

For this black Audi SQ5 SUV, I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, roof rail racks, side mirrors and the grey center sections in the front area of the grill. We went with the gloss black to have it blend in and match the already gloss black finish and color of the car. For the mirrors, I wrapped the gloss black material up until the line/indentation on the mirror caps themselves. The owner was local to me in Orange County, and we were able to figure something out where I came to his shop location and did the install there for him.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor

In addition to vinyl wrapping, I have started offering plasti dipping services.

I did quite a bit of work on this Black Mercedes Benz E350 blutech. I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, lower chrome door pieces, and rear trunk chrome bar with my gloss black vinyl material, lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights, plasti dipped the wheels, rear badges, and front grill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the front grill after I was done. The owner of this car came from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work and plastidip work done on his car.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install