Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 S3: Convenience Package & Driver Assistance Package

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 S3: Convenience Package & Driver Assistance Package

Time to upgrade :-) my 2002 Audi S4.

Deeply researching 2015 Audi S3.

Can't decide on Convenience Package (I like the nets on the back of the front seats). Also can't decide on Driver Assistance Package (does that blind spot indicator light drive you nuts?). Can't get a really good definition of either.

What do you think are the best/worst aspects of these packages? Are they worth the money?
Old 11-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The blind spot indicator light takes some getting used to. You can also adjust how bright those indicators light up or turn them off completely. I optioned everything except for the Adaptive cruise control and the red caliper option.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:16 PM
flk
Audiworld Junior Member

Driver asst package is a good deal. Rear view + the blind spot lights are very useful.
I also got a 300mm convex Broadway mirror as it allows you to view out of the rear windows to the C pillar without turning your head while retaining functionality of both visors.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not knowing if a car was approaching in the lane I was changing into because it was in the blind spot of my view drove me nuts.

That is why I favor the Drivers assistance package. Not to mention it includes the Parking System Plus that comes with a rear camera. I also got Active Lane Assist so on the nights I hit the interstate too late instead of resting. I can have some added drivers assistance to keep me from veering off the road and killing myself.

Also convience package means led lighted interior plus extra 12v outlets, dimming mirror (huge plus) and several other extras that you shouldn't go without unless luxury is not your primary care.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I believe dimming rear view mirror is now standard. Sucks my car was built before the made it standard on the S3.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am reading two different and conflicting descriptions of the Convenience Package (see below). I really like my S4's storage nets on the back of the front seats, so I am not sure which of the two descriptions below is the one to rely on regarding the location of the storage nets. Maybe they are on the back of the front seats *and* the sides of the trunk???

Convenience Package: One 12V power outlet(s) in cargo area and rear; Storage nets on back of front seats; Load restraint: hooks; LED interior lighting package (door handles, map lights, footwell, cupholder); Auto-dimming rear view mirror; Compass; Electric electrically foldable mirrors; Heated driver door mirrors, heated passenger door mirrors

Convenience Package: Interior storage package (12V outlets for rear seat and trunk, nets on side of trunk); Auto-dimming interior mirror with compass; LED interior lighting package (door handles, map lights, footwell, cupholder); Power-folding, heated exterior mirrors with driver's side auto-dimming

Which one is right?
Old 11-23-2014, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I thought the blind spot indicator would annoy me, but I actually like it now. It's fairly unobtrusive most of the time (and you can adjust the brightness), but it will strobe at you if you signal a lane change while someone is in your blindspot. It's conservative, so that doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have room, but I think it's handy aid to your own eyeballs and mirrors.