Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi Connect and AT&T 4G

Old 06-11-2014, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi Connect and AT&T 4G

Anyone have any idea if it's possible to swap the AT&T SIM card for a T-Mobile SIM and use T-Mobile service instead of the excessive cost for the AT&T plan?
Old 06-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad i'm not the only one who was going to attempt to do this. I'm not an ATT fan.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm more interested in seeing if Audi will follow Chevy's lead. Chevy has announced that their AT&T 4G equipped cars can be added to AT&T customers' mobile plans for $10 a month, which would let the car piggyback on your own data plan, rather than having to pay the higher rates the car companies charge for their data plans.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am a T-Mobile subscriber and have been happy for a decade with them, yet I am ready to switch to AT&T with a bundled system that combines my mobile phone and home phone in a package that gives me a discount on my A3 mobile phone connection. AT&T is better than having to deal with Verizon. Verizon simply sucks.............
Old 06-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by habu987
I'm more interested in seeing if Audi will follow Chevy's lead. Chevy has announced that their AT&T 4G equipped cars can be added to AT&T customers' mobile plans for $10 a month, which would let the car piggyback on your own data plan, rather than having to pay the higher rates the car companies charge for their data plans.
ATT has talked about adding Audi on as well for the mobile share. I just talked to ATT via a chat CSR and they said that it is not offered right now, but they are looking into it
Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TorinTPG
ATT has talked about adding Audi on as well for the mobile share. I just talked to ATT via a chat CSR and they said that it is not offered right now, but they are looking into it
I wonder how long that decision process will take? I'm planning to order an A3 in August/September, so I'd love to be able to just add the car to my plan and let it piggyback on my much more generous data plan.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You get 6 free months when you buy the car, so that should push you into 2015. I can only imagine that they'll make up their minds by then on what they want to do
Old 08-28-2014, 05:24 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanted to pass on to everyone...

I bought a SIM card adapter (
Amazon.com: Black Nano Sim Adapter and Micro Sim Adapter and Nano to Micro Adapter with a Sim Card Folder and a Needle,pls Place in Wallet Help You Use It Anytime: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Black Nano Sim Adapter and Micro Sim Adapter and Nano to Micro Adapter with a Sim Card Folder and a Needle,pls Place in Wallet Help You Use It Anytime: Cell Phones & Accessories
) and put my cell phone's SIM card into the Audi and was instantly and seamlessly greeted with a full LTE data connection with functioning Google Maps and Voice search.

The only feature that wasn't available during my test was the actual Audi Connect subgroup in the MMI (Weather, Facebook, etc). It's more than enough to convince me that once our free trials are done we'll have ample options to bypass the hefty price gouging from the AT&T Audi Connect plan.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for this info! I'll need it soon.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great news, can't wait to test when I get mine in 2 weeks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Connect and AT&T 4G