Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A3 / S3 /RS 3 > Audi A3 / S3 MKII
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audi A3 / S3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 and up Audi A3 S3 and RS3

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 03:29 AM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 284208

Default Audi Connect and AT&T 4G

Anyone have any idea if it's possible to swap the AT&T SIM card for a T-Mobile SIM and use T-Mobile service instead of the excessive cost for the AT&T plan?
adamo010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:15 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 283298

glad i'm not the only one who was going to attempt to do this. I'm not an ATT fan.
Brett Melillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 243040

I'm more interested in seeing if Audi will follow Chevy's lead. Chevy has announced that their AT&T 4G equipped cars can be added to AT&T customers' mobile plans for $10 a month, which would let the car piggyback on your own data plan, rather than having to pay the higher rates the car companies charge for their data plans.
habu987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 284368

I am a T-Mobile subscriber and have been happy for a decade with them, yet I am ready to switch to AT&T with a bundled system that combines my mobile phone and home phone in a package that gives me a discount on my A3 mobile phone connection. AT&T is better than having to deal with Verizon. Verizon simply sucks.............
jdouglas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 284877

Quote:
Originally Posted by habu987 View Post
I'm more interested in seeing if Audi will follow Chevy's lead. Chevy has announced that their AT&T 4G equipped cars can be added to AT&T customers' mobile plans for $10 a month, which would let the car piggyback on your own data plan, rather than having to pay the higher rates the car companies charge for their data plans.
ATT has talked about adding Audi on as well for the mobile share. I just talked to ATT via a chat CSR and they said that it is not offered right now, but they are looking into it
TorinTPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 243040

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorinTPG View Post
ATT has talked about adding Audi on as well for the mobile share. I just talked to ATT via a chat CSR and they said that it is not offered right now, but they are looking into it
I wonder how long that decision process will take? I'm planning to order an A3 in August/September, so I'd love to be able to just add the car to my plan and let it piggyback on my much more generous data plan.
habu987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 284877

You get 6 free months when you buy the car, so that should push you into 2015. I can only imagine that they'll make up their minds by then on what they want to do
TorinTPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #8
aj6
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 289257

I just wanted to pass on to everyone...

I bought a SIM card adapter (
Amazon.com: Black Nano Sim Adapter and Micro Sim Adapter and Nano to Micro Adapter with a Sim Card Folder and a Needle,pls Place in Wallet Help You Use It Anytime: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Black Nano Sim Adapter and Micro Sim Adapter and Nano to Micro Adapter with a Sim Card Folder and a Needle,pls Place in Wallet Help You Use It Anytime: Cell Phones & Accessories
) and put my cell phone's SIM card into the Audi and was instantly and seamlessly greeted with a full LTE data connection with functioning Google Maps and Voice search.

The only feature that wasn't available during my test was the actual Audi Connect subgroup in the MMI (Weather, Facebook, etc). It's more than enough to convince me that once our free trials are done we'll have ample options to bypass the hefty price gouging from the AT&T Audi Connect plan.
aj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 284519

Thank you for this info! I'll need it soon.
lmhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #10
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 287932

Great news, can't wait to test when I get mine in 2 weeks!
link1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement