Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Finally took delivery of my S3. What a car!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finally took delivery of my S3. What a car!!

Panther Black Prestige, Titanium 2-tone interior, 19” Wheel Package. (every option except active cruise)

So far there isn’t anything that I’m disappointed with on the car. The car seems more powerful and faster than I thought. I’ve yet to take the car past 5k RPMs, but up until then this car seems more urgent than my lightly modified EVO X MR that was dyno’ed at 295hp.
Here’s the vid of my last car. My part starts at 4:20 (Dyno chart 7:40)

The S3 definitely feels faster than my EVO did when it was stock. I read a post here from someone who thought that his S3 didn’t feel that fast, the performance numbers he reported from his butt dyno were closer the A3’s performance numbers. My butt dyno is telling me something completely different. Maybe Jürgen gave my S3 a hotter tune? The car is putting out more power than claimed IMO.

The engine exhaust note sounds more like flat four than an inline-4. I’ve owned several high performance Japanese 2.0 liter turbos, and a stock B5 A4 1.8t. None of them sounds like the S3’s engine. There’s a throbbing, throaty sound that you hear while giving it aggressive throttle (almost V8 Like), I love it. Then the burps during medium to heavy throttle on upshifts are also very satisfying.

And then there’s the Banging Olufsen stereo. Someone had also mentioned that they weren’t impressed with it. I’m not sure what they were listening to (or didn’t bother making any tone adjustments) but the B&O in my S3 is very, very nice. Almost every car I’ve had, I upgraded the stereo (new amp, speakers, and head unit if needed). I love bass heavy music and the B&O has very strong bass. It satisfies. Strongest bass I’ve yet to experience in any factory stereo and I do not feel the need to touch a thing.

The LED headlights are nice. I’ve never heard anyone mention that the headlights shift in the direction (or at least provides light) of the turn. Even the turn-signals activates it. This is nice for the dark bends.

I am very happy with my purchase. I thought about the CLA45 and the BMW M235 but didn’t seriously consider them. It was always the S3 for me.

And here are the obligatory Semi-crappy pics. I'll take better pics in the future.

Turned out to be glue from the transportation car cover. Phew

Last edited by Spoonie G; 11-20-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Let me the first to congratulate you on the new S3. It's beautiful. Welcome to the club. We will have lots to discover and experience together.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations. Looks awesome! I am expecting my S3 to reach Brunswick Georgia tomorrow. Hopefully it will be at the dealer Thanksgiving week.

The S3 that I test drove in September had an intoxicating engine sound and awesome power. I knew right there that the S3 would be my next car. Great brakes too. Made me feel like a teenager again
Old 11-17-2014, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats - black is so sharp on an Audi! Enjpy!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your car looks amazing!!!

Wow, good thing that was just glue... dealer should have caught that before delivery. Could have saved you a heart attack!

Those wheels are so awesome that I may order a set for my A3 this summer!

I just ordered a Mythos Black A3 with the 18" AS wheels. I will use them during the winter and install the 19" come spring.

I also agree with the stereo comment. I think the Bang & Olufsen stereo sounds really really good and I too use to install the amps and JL Subs in many of my cars.

Heres shots of my Mustang and Charger:

Last edited by drober30; 11-17-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie G

Congratulations on a very nice car and options; I just love your 2 tone seats; beautiful and not as "loud" as the red ones.

They remind me of an old Nissan I had re-upholstered:
Old 11-17-2014, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats! And I agree -- the burps on the upshift are very satisfying indeed.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by drober30

Heres shots of my Mustang and Charger:

Thanks!! and nice setups. For some reason I can't find any pics of the setup I had in the EVO
Old 11-17-2014, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ValBoo
They remind me of an old Nissan I had re-upholstered:
Nice!! My dealer ordered the 2-tone by mistake. I had only wanted the grey stitching. Didn't even know about the 2-tone. After looking at some pics I was thinking "What if"? Then I saw that the dealer had ordered that combo. I like it. Blessing in disguise.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice! Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Finally took delivery of my S3. What a car!!