Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

First 5 days with my S3

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SamLV
+1
Yeah… the color is good in the shade. I'm also looking for decent UV protection for the leather… red fades pretty easily, as anyone with a red car will tell you.

It's still growing on me, and no one who's been in the car or seen it agrees with me, they all love it, that helps too.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One more complaint…

a 10GB hard drive??? Really? is this 1995?
Old 09-19-2014, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arU4ic
One more complaint…

a 10GB hard drive??? Really? is this 1995?
That is a little too small, but you have to remember that you are still driving an A3. Audi's entry car for the United States.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by QuartzS4
That is a little too small, but you have to remember that you are still driving an A3. Audi's entry car for the United States.
Yes, it's the entry level car...but seriously, 10GB? At the consumer level, I can buy a 3TB hard drive for around $100. At the scale that Audi buys hard drives, I find it very hard to believe they can't provide something like a 500GB for the price they charge now. Heck, Audi could just stick the same $45 flash card I have in my phone in there and have 64GB of storage.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Outside of the MMI OS and the maps, what else gets stored on the hdd?
Old 09-19-2014, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default No Coolant Temperature Gauge

I ordered an S3 on Tuesday and I am somewhat dismayed to find out that the S3 does not have a coolant temperature gauge. It has a boost gauge instead. I love the car but I see this as a potential problem and since the cost of the car is high I think there should be a coolant temperature gauge. There is only an oil temperature gauge. Is that sufficient?
Old 09-19-2014, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sailor99
I ordered an S3 on Tuesday and I am somewhat dismayed to find out that the S3 does not have a coolant temperature gauge. It has a boost gauge instead. I love the car but I see this as a potential problem and since the cost of the car is high I think there should be a coolant temperature gauge. There is only an oil temperature gauge. Is that sufficient?
Yes, it is sufficient. When was the last time that you had a car overheat on you? I've been driving for 26 years (6 different cars) none of them ever overheated on me. I haven't even seen a car overheating on the side of the road in about 20 years.

Temp gauge is nice for sure, that's why I use a OBD2 Bluetooth adapter with the "Torque" phone app. I have every engine parameter, as well as the ability to check and clear codes, all on my cell phone. Look into one of those if you need the temp gauge.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Coolant Temperature Gauge

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
Yes, it is sufficient. When was the last time that you had a car overheat on you? I've been driving for 26 years (6 different cars) none of them ever overheated on me. I haven't even seen a car overheating on the side of the road in about 20 years.

Temp gauge is nice for sure, that's why I use a OBD2 Bluetooth adapter with the "Torque" phone app. I have every engine parameter, as well as the ability to check and clear codes, all on my cell phone. Look into one of those if you need the temp gauge.
Thank you for your response. I too have owned many cars over the years, including four other Audi's, without overheating problems.

I am really looking forward to driving the new S3 but I want to "put it out there" so others don't get a surprise like I did. I may look into the phone app. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kdigital
Outside of the MMI OS and the maps, what else gets stored on the hdd?
Music and Video
Old 09-19-2014, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With dual SD slots, the 10GB storage is almost a non-factor. You can get two 64GB SD cards and have a combined storage of 138GB.

Heck they make SD cards as big as 128GB now, so imagine 2 of those plus the 10GB storage.

Quick Reply: First 5 days with my S3