Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

First S3 in Ohio?

Old 09-27-2014, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First S3 in Ohio?

My S3 arrived earlier than anticipated. Picked it up in Columbus, OH this morning. Was informed it is the first in Central Ohio if not all Ohio. What a machine. Beyond my expectations in so many ways. Gorgeous car in Mythos Black with all black seating. On board tech that will blow your mind. And very fast. No question that Audi has a winner on its hands here! Babied it a bit coming home; mostly highway. Took it for a spin this afternoon on some nice country roads. Played with the various driver select settings. The dynamic mode is a blast! A nice growl, holds revs longer, tightens up the steering and suspension. My wife has never seen me grin so much in a single day. For current owners, I salute your choice. For future owners; you're going to love it!

Name:  audi s3 resize.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  64.7 KB
Old 09-27-2014, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Beautiful car. Best of luck. Another 6 weeks or so for me.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So nice, great color, and I'm really jealous of the uninterrupted grill… wish I could ditch my front plate. sigh.

Congrats!!
Old 09-28-2014, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S3

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
My S3 arrived earlier than anticipated. Picked it up in Columbus, OH this morning. Was informed it is the first in Central Ohio if not all Ohio. What a machine. Beyond my expectations in so many ways. Gorgeous car in Mythos Black with all black seating. On board tech that will blow your mind. And very fast. No question that Audi has a winner on its hands here! Babied it a bit coming home; mostly highway. Took it for a spin this afternoon on some nice country roads. Played with the various driver select settings. The dynamic mode is a blast! A nice growl, holds revs longer, tightens up the steering and suspension. My wife has never seen me grin so much in a single day. For current owners, I salute your choice. For future owners; you're going to love it!

Attachment 41911
Awesome looking car. Enjoy!
Old 09-28-2014, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Please let us know what you decide on winter wheels.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks great, congrats!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats! I can't wait to have mine!! Can you confirm us whats option you have for the front grill? When I ordered mine, I only had choice between 6W3 (front licence plate holder) or 6W9 (front grill filler pannel). No one of those choices seems to be a full grill If you have 2 minutes to check out your order, it will be very appreciated!
Old 09-28-2014, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eltook
Congrats! I can't wait to have mine!! Can you confirm us whats option you have for the front grill? When I ordered mine, I only had choice between 6W3 (front licence plate holder) or 6W9 (front grill filler pannel). No one of those choices seems to be a full grill If you have 2 minutes to check out your order, it will be very appreciated!
Thank you everyone for the nice comments. Am really enjoying the S3. Took the wife out today for a great drive in beautiful weather. She loves the car as well. Hated my former Civic Si. World of difference between the 2 obviously.

Front grill; front plates are mandatory in Ohio. However, I drove my Civic Si for 8 years without a front plate. Never stopped, never ticketed for it. Hope my luck holds out for the Audi. Only grill option was with a front plate holder or without. I wasn't given a third option. As far as other options, this is the Prestige version with 19 inch wheel package and magnetic suspension. Essentially the whole enchilada minus the adaptive cruise package.

Have seen people taking pictures of the car today and my wife has heard others talking about it when we stopped and were out of the car a few times. It's a head turner. That being said, I honestly bought this car solely for me. And I couldn't be happier. I look forward to sharing thoughts and experiences with other S3 drivers on this forum. I have much to learn to help appreciate the car even more.