Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Nav/Driver Assistant Package Yay or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav/Driver Assistant Package Yay or Nay?

I want to hear your thoughts about the MMI navigation and driver assistant package for the premium plus 2.0.

I don't think it would be that necessary for any of these packages. What are some of your thoughts when you decide whether or not you need these add-ons?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Achink4u
I want to hear your thoughts about the MMI navigation and driver assistant package for the premium plus 2.0.

I don't think it would be that necessary for any of these packages. What are some of your thoughts when you decide whether or not you need these add-ons?
Not necessary! Mine just came in this week and I see no need for it with Nav built into my iPhone 5.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron365
Not necessary! Mine just came in this week and I see no need for it with Nav built into my iPhone 5.
FYI, mine is the Premium Plus with Comfort package.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Achink4u

Nobody can answer that question for you. People are on either side of the fence. It is your priority.

It is great that bluetooth audio streaming is standard, previously only with Navigation Plus.

Other Audi model owners would die for the A3 4G Audi connect features in their cars, but they only comes with Navigation Plus option in the A3.

After spending much $ on a premium vehicle, not to have all the technology would not be my option and would diminish the experience.

Best of luck with your decision. You have to live with that decision either way you decide.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Comfort package? You mean convenience?
Old 07-14-2014, 03:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In my experience when I had a base 2015 A3 loaner, the bluetooth streaming wasn't an option unless you have the upgraded MMI system. It had bluetooth for phone calls only. To me that is a deal-breaker, but really it is your own personal preference.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Brett Melillo
In my experience when I had a base 2015 A3 loaner, the bluetooth streaming wasn't an option unless you have the upgraded MMI system. It had bluetooth for phone calls only. To me that is a deal-breaker, but really it is your own personal preference.
According to the 2015 A3 Product Information Book the bluetooth streaming is standard. In reality, I cannot confirm.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I test drove an A3 without the NAV and the screen is pixelated and the MMI is slower than the unit with the NAV. Also, having the NAV button still on the controller only to say "Navigation not installed" would bother me personally.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by icon5585
I test drove an A3 without the NAV and the screen is pixelated and the MMI is slower than the unit with the NAV. Also, having the NAV button still on the controller only to say "Navigation not installed" would bother me personally.
yeah I saw that too when I got behind a base A3.

I felt that would annoy me, because they have a nav button right on the steering wheel and it has no function other than to prompt that if you press it on a base A3.

Plus an A3 without the Nav Plus package gives you just a 5" inch screen, while the Nav Plus upgrades it to 7".

Also its been my experience when I used my Galaxy S4 for navigation that the darn thing is too fumbly if you're like me and don't have a phone mount, and there's too much sun glare when using a phone.

It seems as though you can compromise on the Nav Plus package and opt out of the Audi Connect feature which will bring the package down to $1900 instead of $2600. You will get just basic Audi navigation system as oppose to Google Maps and all the social networking features. I saw this on one of those Truecars option detailing and also on the Audi order guide someone posted here.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the Nav in the A3 is one of the best navy's out there. I have the premium package. If you use navigation more than 2-3 times a month, it's worth it in my opinion. It the reroutes quickly for a missed turn.

Quick Reply: Nav/Driver Assistant Package Yay or Nay?