Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Got my second order status email! Still unsure of delivery date

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Evolvd
Did you have significant mods to that car or did you drive it hard a lot? My 8 got 22-24 with city driving and I've logged 29 quite a few times on long highway trips. (car was pushing 440 awhp with all the mods) It was definitely hard to stay our of boost most days though lol.
I had a bad tune. Not going to say who tuned it but I should have went to Iveytune. Car was dumping fuel based off the increased air from the 3" catback and drop-in intake. I was getting much better fuel mileage when it was stock. The instant I had the exhaust installed, even without the tune I noticed a serious drop in fuel mileage.

I figured that when I get it tuned they will make the fuel adjustments. But after the tune, fuel mileage got even worse. I contacted the tuner and he said that the AFR is 14.7 and it should be OK. I'm no car expert, so I'm not sure if any other fuel trim adjustments can be made. I called iveytune and he said yes. I wasn't about to spend $600+ on another tune (which is what I should have done), so I drove around dumping fuel. Getting 13 mpg if I drove the car semi-hard, and 16mpg if I babied it with mixed driving around town and on the highway.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dealer is now telling me the week of 11/17. I hope she's wrong.

If that's true then my vehicle isn't on any of those vessels I mentioned above. Still doesn't sound right. According to her the vehicle is still on the Port in germany. the car has been on the port since at least Monday (more than likely the week before, update emails only go out once a week). So I find it hard to believe that it will sit on port for 2 weeks while ship after ship leaves to go to the U.S port on the east coast. 3 ships would have left during that time. Maybe there's some sort of line of thousands of vehicles? Gotta wait your turn. IDK. I'm still thinking I'm getting it the week of 11/3. We will see who was right.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's in the port. Not sure how long before it shows up at the dealership? Dealership is about 177 miles away from the port. I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday. I expect to get the U.S port email status update at 4:30 today.

Last edited by Spoonie G; 11-05-2014 at 09:25 AM.