Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

I'm never going to get my S3

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm never going to get my S3

Ordered on Aug 5th. Looks like the dealer didn't put the order in until Aug 19th. I saw a printout of the order. There was no official build date but it had a status of "Changeable" and production week "48" 11/24/2014. This is crazy. Looks like I'll be going to another dealer. To be honest, i don't know what the heck to do.

Last edited by Spoonie G; 08-26-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's possible they didn't have an available allocation until the 19th. Did you ask your salesman to explain the delay?
Old 08-26-2014, 11:28 AM
flk
Audiworld Junior Member

That's strange, when I ordered mine on Aug 6th the salesman placed the order in front of me on his computer and I remember seeing Sept 1 build. He did say I should expect delivery around Oct 8-16. I'm not sure a couple weeks delay in ordering would extend your build into a Jan delivery. That doesn't make sense.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Your dealer apparently had an available allocation.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:27 PM
flk
Audiworld Junior Member

Big difference in delivery times for dealership allocations, wow!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, +1
Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeSS
It's possible they didn't have an available allocation until the 19th. Did you ask your salesman to explain the delay?
She didn't have an explanation. I'm going with another dealer. I essentially wasted a month.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
She didn't have an explanation. I'm going with another dealer. I essentially wasted a month.
Your thread gives me pause that I better check up on my local Audi dealer for the A3 I placed order for in mid July.

Isn't there some email letter you would receive once you place your order? I have not received anything.

I did sign papers for the order though, and they did charge my deposit and partial down payment made. Did you go through any of those motions with your dealer OP?
Old 08-27-2014, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gamegenie
Your thread gives me pause that I better check up on my local Audi dealer for the A3 I placed order for in mid July.

Isn't there some email letter you would receive once you place your order? I have not received anything.

I did sign papers for the order though, and they did charge my deposit and partial down payment made. Did you go through any of those motions with your dealer OP?

Didn't receive an Email. I did put some money down to order the car. Signed the order form and everything. I just called them and they said that the status has changed to "Sold". So the November date will be moved up. The service manager checked all allocations for the N/E coast and said that everyone is getting the cars at around the same time. Seems like the East coast will get these vehicles last?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Actually, the port Audi uses in the NE is Davisville, RI, which is the closest U.S. port to Emden, GER. Assuming if ships depart Emden around the same time, Davisville is the first port to receive new models. Other ports are Brunswick, GA, Houston, TX and San Diego, CA (which has the longest distance and travel time going through the Panama Canal). Location of the dealer determines which port is used. Then there's the transit time by train/truck to dealer after a few days to a week in port for customs, inspection, processing for transit, etc.

Quick Reply: I'm never going to get my S3