Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

New S3 PP Monsoon Gray

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I travel to Sacramento for work from time to time. Wish I could bring my S3 to drive the Golden Gate! Or maybe even get a photo at the drive through redwood! What a neat lace to live!
Old 09-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey, I see you stuck with the 18" wheels with the non-magnetic ride. How does it ride and can you compare it to the magnetic ride at all?
Old 09-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thalaron
Hey, I see you stuck with the 18" wheels with the non-magnetic ride. How does it ride and can you compare it to the magnetic ride at all?
I cannot compare to the mag ride unfortunately. What I can say is that the suspension is stiff and aggressive, meaning tight and low roll. You definitely feel the road. I rather like that about the suspension personally. If it's a super soft ride that your after, this suspension may not be the best choice for you. The suspension manages the torque incredibly well.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kdigital
I cannot compare to the mag ride unfortunately. What I can say is that the suspension is stiff and aggressive, meaning tight and low roll. You definitely feel the road. I rather like that about the suspension personally. If it's a super soft ride that your after, this suspension may not be the best choice for you. The suspension manages the torque incredibly well.
Thanks, I've been driving a GTI with a pretty stiff suspension for several years now so I'm not super concerned about a stiff suspension and (the new GTI is actually a softer ride than my previous gen GTI) I was just curious how it might compare to the 19" since the 18" would soak up a few more imperfections in the road but the magnetic ride probably helps offset the difference and lack of rubber to soak up bumps.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new car! I, like many others, am waiting on mine to be delivered. It's awesome that gents like you post your reviews of the S3 as I was pretty nervous about committing to a car that I could not touch or drive before ordering. I may be one of the absolute first S3 owners in Ohio when mine arrives in a few weeks. Your car looks great and was a color I considered but then opted for the Mythos Black. I'm getting all the bells and whistles as well minus the package with adaptive cruise control. Simply cannot wait to get my car. Again, congrats on your new S3!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Congrats on your new car! I, like many others, am waiting on mine to be delivered. It's awesome that gents like you post your reviews of the S3 as I was pretty nervous about committing to a car that I could not touch or drive before ordering. I may be one of the absolute first S3 owners in Ohio when mine arrives in a few weeks. Your car looks great and was a color I considered but then opted for the Mythos Black. I'm getting all the bells and whistles as well minus the package with adaptive cruise control. Simply cannot wait to get my car. Again, congrats on your new S3!
Thanks, and pre-congrats to you! You are going to love the car! Mythos is a sweet, sweet choice
Old 09-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thalaron
Thanks, I've been driving a GTI with a pretty stiff suspension for several years now so I'm not super concerned about a stiff suspension and (the new GTI is actually a softer ride than my previous gen GTI) I was just curious how it might compare to the 19" since the 18" would soak up a few more imperfections in the road but the magnetic ride probably helps offset the difference and lack of rubber to soak up bumps.
No problem, sorry I can't do a comparison. For what it's worth the suspension is smoother that the one on my '08 GLI. I actually think it's very nice, although people that are accustomed to less pure performance oriented vehicles may find the ride stiffer than they are accustomed to.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

update. today I got 26MPG after intentionally not driving aggressively and switching from sport mode to comfort mode for most of my drive. I have about 750 miles logged on the car now.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kdigital
No problem, sorry I can't do a comparison. For what it's worth the suspension is smoother that the one on my '08 GLI. I actually think it's very nice, although people that are accustomed to less pure performance oriented vehicles may find the ride stiffer than they are accustomed to.
thanks, thats a pretty good comparison