Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 08-05-2016, 10:58 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

No HomeLink?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Early to Mid 2000s had homelink and transmitter integrated in the visor. They weren't the prettiest compared to today's standards but you can pick one up off eBay for about $50. Just not sure if the visor would be a perfect fit
Old 09-01-2014, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by der Scherzkeks
Europe doesn't get HomeLink either. It wasn't developed for the A3 worldwide. Massive oversight, but not as bad as MB CLA which doesn't offer advanced key.
You are correct. I checked UK site and they don't have memory seats or homelink either.

Does anyone know if we get the "Phone Box" technology in the US version? It isn't mentioned in the AoA US literature, but it was announced at CES:

Audi Phone Box
Audi offers the Audi phone box for easily connecting cell phones with the car as an option in the models of the A3 series. Its key component is a universal planar antenna, which is integrated into the center armrest’s phone storage tray. The telephone uses near-field coupling to communicate with the flat planar antenna, which routes signals via an amplifier to the car antenna.

https://www.audi-mediaservices.com/p..._and_audi.html
Old 09-01-2014, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Does anyone know if we get the "Phone Box" technology in the US version? It isn't mentioned in the AoA US literature, but it was announced at CES:
It was planned for launch but FCC changed how the phone box is classified so it's going through re-certification. Of course, no timeframe is offered by the FCC for certification results.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by der Scherzkeks
It was planned for launch but FCC changed how the phone box is classified so it's going through re-certification. Of course, no timeframe is offered by the FCC for certification results.
Bummer...

Hope the wiring and rooftop hardware is same. Hope we will be able to upgrade the 2015.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Not having power seats is a bigger omission IMO.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I think you meant to reply to the A3 Cab thread.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I didn't see this thread was specific to the sedan. And yes my comment is specific to the Cab.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No the bigger omission is not including "Hold Assist" and "Park Assist".

Audi Europe made sure AudiUSA A3/S3 customers will have plenty of blank buttons on their dash and center console.

"Park Assist" could have easily been rolled into the Parking Assistance Package.
"Hold Assist" should have been standard.

I wonder if all it takes is to get those buttons installed, or did they completely disable it in software.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gamegenie
No the bigger omission is not including "Hold Assist" and "Park Assist".

Audi Europe made sure AudiUSA A3/S3 customers will have plenty of blank buttons on their dash and center console.

"Park Assist" could have easily been rolled into the Parking Assistance Package.
"Hold Assist" should have been standard.

I wonder if all it takes is to get those buttons installed, or did they completely disable it in software.
There is no manual tranny in the US. Hold assist seems useless here! Personally, I don't think having to press brake pedal at red lights mean a big omission. Concerning park assist, I think same as you... There's the rear cam and all sensors needed, why they dont put the park assist?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I finally have my car and found a decent alternative.

I was particularly concerned about the lack of homelink because there's no obvious place to hide a remote. My TT had a small ashtray that worked great for storing the remote. For my A3 I realized I could use Velcro to hold the remote on the inner right side of the driver's door pocket. This way it's completely out of site, works without having to be removed and is hidden from potential thieves. Once this worked out so well, I realized this is also a good place for my toll pass, even if I do have to move it to the dash to use. It's not Homelink, but it works for me.

Quick Reply: No HomeLink?