Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

S3 Launch Date?

Old 05-24-2014, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S3 Launch Date?

Love to hear any updates as to the date of the S3 in the States. Local dealer is telling me around Labor Day for arrival. Does this mean the order guides should be available around June July? This is the car I'm waiting for.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll be putting in my order soon for the S3!!

http://www.audiusanews.com/home;jses...D30E7E976F01A1
Old 06-19-2014, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

http://www.audiusanews.com/pressrele...-2015-s3-sedan
Old 06-19-2014, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who cares what color the dials are Audi NA - No manual, no sale.....
Old 06-20-2014, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I like my transmissions just like my door locks. Automatic! I think there are way too many positives to auto transmissions than there are for Manuals.
Auto transmissions shift faster than manuals
Auto transmissions are better when I'm sitting in traffic

There is a reason why manuals are going bye bye and I'm ok with that. The 911 gt3 isn't offered in a stick anymore. The Ferrari LeFerrari and the new Mclaren P1 yep only can get them in auto. Wonder why?
I don't miss manual any more than I miss roll up windows or cassette tapes. In a modern car I want modern technology and there is nothing modern about a manual transmission. So unless I'm driving a classic Porsche from yesteryear Auto is fine by me.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Nice
I like my transmissions just like my door locks....
There is a reason why manuals are going bye bye and I'm ok with that. The 911 gt3 isn't offered in a stick anymore. The Ferrari LeFerrari and the new Mclaren P1 yep only can get them in auto. Wonder why?I don't miss manual any more than I miss roll up windows or cassette tapes. In a modern car I want modern technology and there is nothing modern about a manual transmission. So unless I'm driving a classic Porsche from yesteryear Auto is fine by me.
+1
Don't forget, as well, most folks driving these highly powered cars may well burn out a clutch or two over the life of the car - not an inexpensive item to replace.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
+1
Don't forget, as well, most folks driving these highly powered cars may well burn out a clutch or two over the life of the car - not an inexpensive item to replace.
It's their problem if they don't know how to drive a manual. I agree the new auto boxes are faster, more efficient, blah, blah, blah....But they have no soul.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
It's their problem if they don't know how to drive a manual. I agree the new auto boxes are faster, more efficient, blah, blah, blah....But they have no soul.
I've never damaged a clutch over the many years I have driven them either, but some people can't not drag race constantly.
No mechanical elements have "soul" so far as I am concerned, but people do though.
I do "get" your point on stick shifts, although I for one will likely never get one in a new car again. I am currently looking for a weekend, fun used Miata and will certainly get a stick.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
+1
I highly doubt that--it's not a '76 Pinto. I can't imagine that the typical driver is likely to burn out a clutch nowadays.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL

I had a 1974 Pinto - green - that I bought new. I never got rear-ended to test whether the gas tank would explode, but did get it totaled in a parking garage attached to the building I worked in and where I parked it every day. One evening I was waiting for the valet to bring it down and I (along with some work colleagues) heard a series of screeches and thumps/bangs. When the car finally appeared at the bottom of the ramp it had been smashed, front, left side and right side, but not the rear! Just the mention of "Pinto" gets me grinning - what an ordeal!
Originally Posted by tex2670
I highly doubt that--it's not a '76 Pinto. I can't imagine that the typical driver is likely to burn out a clutch nowadays.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S3 Launch Date?